- Microsoft announces that Windows 10 build 21390 preview is available for Insiders.
- This new build brings new generationFluent icons for Task Manager and MSI installers.
- The svchost.exe crash related to cdp.dll that some Insiders have been experiencing in recent builds is fixed.
- Another issue causing the news and interests text on the taskbar to appear blurry was fixed.
Windows 10 users have yet another reason to rejoice the changes that are constantly being brought to their favorite operating system.
Windows 10 build 21390 preview is available for Insiders
Microsoft delights users with another Windows 10 preview build for Insiders in the Dev Channel.
This recent 21390 build includes a new Fluent-inspired icon for the Task Manager and, also, MSI installers. There’s a new option that allows you to set Windows Terminal as the default terminal, as well.
According to the official Microsoft blog, here are the most important changes that are being brought with this new build of Windows 10:
- As part of our ongoing iconography improvements, Task Manager and MSI installers now have new Fluent icons.
- You can now set Windows Terminal Preview as your default terminal emulator on Windows – please see this blog post for details. This requires Windows Terminal Preview version 1.9 (or higher).
- We fixed an issue causing the news and interests text on the taskbar to appear blurry on some resolutions and scaling factors.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain punctuation not being displayed correctly when the display language was Chinese.
- We fixed a svchost.exe crash related to cdp.dll that some Insiders have been experiencing in recent builds.
- We fixed an issue impacting Start reliability in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue where when using dark mode, the text in the File Explorer search box would be black on a black background. Please note this only addresses this dark theme issue in File Explorer, we are continuing to investigate a second issue impacting dark theme when using Search in the taskbar.
- We fixed an issue in recent flights where a folder might not retain keyboard focus after being renamed in File Explorer.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Task Manager showing the incorrect icon for some processes.
- We fixed a second issue causing some devices to fail when updating to this build with error code 0xc1900101. If you continue to receive this error code when attempting to update, please file a new feedback item.
Microsoft is also focusing on the already known issues
As with any new build, a major factor that needs to be taken into consideration is dealing with the already known issues that take away from the user experience.
Here are the known issues that Microsoft addresses with build 21390:
- The Windows Camera App currently does not respect the default brightness setting set via the new Camera Settings page.
- We’re investigating an issue where Search results are unexpectedly no longer following dark theme as of recent flights.
- [News and interests] We’re investigating an issue where the flyout may occasionally flash in the top left corner of your screen after clicking the button on your taskbar.
What Windows 10 build are you currently using on your PC? Tell us in the comments section below.