Latest Windows 10 Preview build has no known issues for PC, according to Microsoft
Microsoft released the new build 14376 for Windows 10 Preview yesterday. The new build brought a huge number of improvements to the system, but as Microsoft said, no known issues were found by the development team, which makes this release different than previous ones.
“We don’t have any known issues to list at the moment for PC. If anything comes up, we’ll update this post and add them here,” said Microsoft in the official Windows 10 Preview build 14375 announcement blog post.
If you follow what’s going on at Microsoft, and with the upcoming Anniversary Update, you probably already know the reason why the company decided not to release any new features in this build, but instead focus on improving known issues from previous builds. But here’s a quick reminder, just in case.
Way back in November, when Microsoft released the very first major update for Windows 10, Threshold 2 (the November Update), users reported a big number of issues that bothered them upon installing the update. Because of that, the November Update was considered unstable by a lot of users, and some of them even hesitated to update their Windows 10 PCs.
As the previous major update for Windows 10’s release didn’t go as smooth as planned, the least thing Microsoft wants is another now is another troublesome update. Therefore, the company is putting big efforts in eliminating all possible issues and bugs, in order for users to have a clean update. Will Redmond succeed? We don’t know, and we’ll have to wait for the update to be released to see if Microsoft’s effort were indeed effective.
Build 14376 known issues on Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview
Unlike the PC version of build 14376, the Windows 10 Mobile Insider version actually has some known issues, reported by Microsoft. Here’s the list of all known issues for Mobile:
- “You can open PDFs in Microsoft Edge but won’t be able to use touch to interact with the PDF (such as scrolling, pan or zoom). When you try to use touch to interact with a PDF, it will constantly reload the PDF.
- We’ve heard you and we are investigating decreases in battery life on older devices such as the Lumia 830, 930, and 1520.
- We’re also investigating Wi-Fi disconnect issues – if you are experiencing an issue with your Wi-Fi disconnecting, please see this forum post and make sure to upvote Wi-Fi disconnecting issues in the Feedback Hub.
- We have changed the backup format for Windows 10 Mobile devices to reduce the size of the backup stored in OneDrive. As a result, if you do a backup on a device running the latest Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview builds and move back to the released version of Windows 10 Mobile (Build 10586) and restore from your backup – your Start screen layout won’t restore and remain the default Start layout. Your previous backup also gets overwritten. If you need to go back to Build 10586 temporarily, once you are on Build 10586 you should disable backup so it doesn’t overwrite the good backup from Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview builds.”
Of course, even though Microsoft didn’t reveal a single known issue for the PC version, that doesn’t it’s flawless, as users will have a final word on that. So, we’ll look for issues in build 14367, reported by actual users, and as always, we’re going to write our traditional report article.
If you encountered some issues upon installing build 14376 (on both Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile), please feel free to share it with us in the comments, so we can include your problem into our report article.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft releases its E3 2016 press conference statistics
- Windows 10 Preview build 14366 now available on the Slow Ring
- Microsoft releases June 2016 Update rollup pack for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008
- Microsoft making it easier to reactivate Windows 10 after major hardware change
Have you ever tried using MS Works on Windows 10? It might be harder than you think. Even though Works has been discontinued by Microsoft, […]
Users reported on Reddit that Windows 10 v1903 disabled Windows Defender real-time protection. This is often the case when you installed another antivirus solution on […]