Windows 10 Insider Build 17672 reaches the Fast ring
Microsoft’s Dona Sarkar announced Windows Insiders that a new flight is out and added a new blog post as well to provide them with all the necessary information about Windows 10 build 17672.
Heads up #WindowsInsiders – after some technical difficulties from @brandonleblanc we are officially live with Build 17672 to the Fast ring!
What’s new in Windows 10 build 17672
In the blog post, Dona Sarkar and Brandon LeBlanc make sure to details all improvements, fixes and known issues that are packed in this build.
One of the most important changes concerns Windows Defender. The Windows Security Center (WSC) service will require antivirus products in order to run as a protected process to register. The products that have not implemented yet this will not show up in the Windows Security UI, and Windows Defender Antivirus will stay enabled with these products side by side.
Changes, improvements, and fixes
- The issue that caused PCs to look stuck at “Preparing to install…” between 80-100% in Windows Update when attempting to install a new build was eventually fixed.
- The issue where right-clicking in Microsoft Edge to copy failed to work was also resolved.
- Timeline was updated, and now you can cycle through available tabs.
- The audio quality when recording clips using the game bar was improved as well.
- The issue where the apps did not always fully maximize to the top of the screen was also fixed.
- Microsoft introduced preview support for same-site cookies in Edge and Internet Explorer 11.
You can read the rest of the changes, improvements, and fixes in the official blog post.
There are quite a lot of known issues in build 17672, and they involve Windows Mixed Reality first Run experience, Narrator reading extra text, Microsoft Edge hangs and more. There are also a few known issues for Sets & Office, and you can check out the complete detailed list on Microsoft’s official blog post.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Stuck on older Windows 10 Insider builds? Fix incoming
- Fix: Get Started Button is Grey for Windows 10 Insider Builds
- Windows 10 Slow Ring Insiders will get more builds this year
Windows 10 May 2019 Update apparently causes various issues for many users. It seems that after installing the update, many users experienced an issue regarding […]
Many Windows 10 users reported encountering a specific inconvenience after downloading Windows 10 May 2019 Update. Apparently, Windows version 1903 installs back deleted bloatware and […]
Users reported on Reddit that Windows 10 v1903 sometimes causes loss of Wi-Fi connectivity. For example, one user indicated that this problem may appear on […]