Microsoft just released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16241 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring. The company has also kicked off the second Bug Bash for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
Windows Shell Improvements
Recovering your pin and password from the lock screen
In case you are using an AADP or MSA account and get stuck at the login screen, you now have the ability to reset your password and your PIN right from there. All you have to do is click the Reset Password/I forgot my PIN link and you will be prompted to go via the AAD or MSA flow to reset it.
Refining acrylic material
Microsoft softened the noise layer of the Acrylic Material.
PC gaming improvements
An issue preventing profile cards in the Xbox Live in-game experience from working has been fixed.
The issue that was causing the Game Bar to crash while broadcasting was also fixed.
Task Manager improvements
- The GPU name is shown on the left-hand side of the Performance tab for every GPU.
- Task Manager defaults to the multi-engine view, showing performance monitors for the most powerful GPU engines. You will be able to see the charts for the 3D, Copy, Video Encode and Video Decode engines. You have to right-click on the chart to switch back to the single-engine view.
- A total GPU memory text counter has been added next to the dedicated and shared text counters at the bottom of the Performance tab.
- The Direct X version currently contains the highest supported DX feature level.
- Microsoft Edge process labeling in Task Manager is improved. You can now group the app’s processes together. More processes such as Chakra JIT Compiler, UI Service, and Manager process are now labeled in Task Manager.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT: