Windows 10 IoT now supports Intel’s full processor family
During Build 2017, Microsoft revealed improvements coming to the Windows 10 IoT platform.
Support for Intel’s full processor family
Probably the most important improvement is future support for Intel’s full processor family. The OS currently supports Intel’s full range of processors, from Atom to Core i7. In other words, devices running Windows 10 IoT will now be as fast and responsive as any desktop PC, which is a very important usability enhancement.
Windows 10 IoT support from Microsoft’s Azure cloud
Other features include the following:
- Windows 10 IoT Core support for Azure IoT Device Management for highly scalable remote device management features
- Turn-key connectivity to the Azure IoT Hub with reliable and secure device-to-cloud and cloud-to-device messaging
- Support for the forthcoming Azure IoT Hub Device Provisioning Service, making it much easier to provision a connected device via Azure IoT services and it will leverage Windows IoT TPM based security
- Support for Project Rome, allowing users to launch an app or to communicate with an app service on a remote device and more
- Support for Device Guard for IoT which will improve threat resistance by allowing operating system components and code signed by the OEM to be loaded
- Cortana is now available for users to integrate into their devices and help them get things done by completing tasks using using natural language in a contextual way
Newly designed Windows IoT website
Microsoft also released a newly designed website for Windows IoT in order to help developers create devices, including next gen point-of-sale devices, interactive tables, and intelligent digital signage.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 IoT Core boards DragonBoard and MinnowBoard MAX
- Program a Raspberry Pi from your browser with Windows 10 IoT Core Blockly
- Arduino Wiring supported on Windows 10 IoT Core
We all love to unwind from time to time, whether between breaks or just honing our card skills. Let’s face it, we all tried Solitaire […]
Has your microphone stopped working after you installed the latest Windows 10 build? Well, I can tell you that you are not the only user […]
Cortana is a virtual assistant app that’s an integral part of Windows 10. Yet, some users have said that they can’t set up Cortana after […]