Windows 10 KB4020102 fixes 14 bugs, download it now
Windows Insiders will not get a new preview build just yet, but Microsoft recently rolled out a cumulative update for the Windows 10 Creators Update. From now on, it seems that we can expect monthly cumulative updates for the OS.
Windows 10 KB4020102
The new build brings quality improvements, but it doesn’t bring any security fixes. According to the changelog published on Windows official page, some of the most significant improvements will include the following:
- The issue where NTLM fails to generate a response when CredGuard is enabled has been fixed.
- The issue when the Internet Explorer doesn’t respect the “Send all sites not included in the Enterprise Mode Site List to Microsoft Edge” has been fixed.
- The issue in Internet Explorer where a non-administrator user can’t install an ActiveX control has been fixed.
- The issue where after you start Split View, some apps will not receive input anymore has been fixed.
- The issue where an unnecessary scrollbar from the logon credential power dialog block use of other fields has been fixed.
- The issue where during a VM reset, the VM goes into SLP has been fixed.
- The issue where some non-Unicode fonts don’t render characters correctly on non-Latin languages has been fixed.
- The issue with SMS/messaging has been fixed.
- The issue where after installing the Creators Update, the audio output through external decoders stops working has been fixed.
- The issue where the IoT shell doesn’t monitor background running apps has been fixed.
- The issue with high latency when using the UWP MIDI API has been fixed.
- The issue where the network printers fail to install when you’re using the printer vendor’s setup on devices with less than 4GB RAM has been fixed.
- The issue where PrintBRM fails to restore the Print Queue Configurations when the printer names are identical has been fixed.
- The issue with per user proxy settings has been fixed.
At the same time, users report that KB4020102 also brings issues of its own.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft releases update KB4016871 for Windows 10 Creators Update
- Common Edge problems after Windows 10 Creators update, and how to solve them
- Issues with Windows Defender after installing Windows 10 Creators Update [Fix]
Here is an interesting situation. Microsoft releases update KB4023057 (again), still doesn’t explain what it is for, and expects everyone to be happy. Result? Well, […]
The symbiosis of the internet and advertising has long been understood. Everyone understands that if you have access to something that is ‘free’, inasmuch as […]