The long wait is over – Microsoft has begun rolling out the Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update and you can finally install the OS on your phone. Just like in the case of the Windows 10 PC Anniversary Update, this update is also going to roll out in waves.
This means the update may not be visible for you yet, and you should run the update check a little bit later. Patience is the best course of action because Microsoft needs some time to push this update to all its global users, as Dona Sarkar explains:
The Windows 10 Anniversary Update has begun rolling out for Windows 10 Mobile. The Anniversary Update includes additional features and improvements for your Windows 10 phone. […] Note that availability may vary by manufacturer, model, country or region, mobile operator or service provider, hardware limitations and other factors.
The Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update brings a series of hot features that will definitely make the Windows mobile experience more appealing to users. The double-tap to wake feature is once again available forLumia 950 and Lumia 950XL users, alongside other improvements.
Other interesting features and fixes include:
- Better Wi-Fi reception.
- High battery drain fix. This is one of the most awaited fixes since users have been complaining about battery drain issues for many months.
- Find my phone/Ring my phone is now available through Cortana.
- You can now send pictures from your phone to your PC through Cortana.
- 5-inch devices like the Lumia 640 and 830 can now also use the one-handed keyboard.
The Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update brings 140 new features which will definitely satisfy even the most demanding users.
What are you waiting for? Go to Settings > Update and Security > Phone Update > Check for updates and install the Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update on your terminal.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Google blocking Windows 10 Mobile owners from using Gmail?
- AT&T releasing Windows 10 Mobile to Nokia Lumia 830 owners