- If you want to draw on photos and videos in Windows 10, be sure that there are a few great drawing apps that cannot disappoint you.
- You may effortlessly achieve your goal by using the Photos app and its interesting editing tools, as described below.
- With Adobe Photoshop, you can make numerous changes to your images and videos too. We’re recommending it as the go-to professional software for retouching photographs.
- For more useful guides, feel free to visit our Tech Tutorials Hub. It’s packed with the very best software you can find today and useful tricks on using it.
If you are eager to draw on the Photos app in Windows 10, this seems to be your lucky day. Microsoft has released plenty of exciting new features for the very same app you intend to use.
This means that you have more options to spice up your creativity. You can easily doodle over photos and videos using a touchscreen, stylus, or a computer mouse.
In addition, the Photos app lets you create an animation of your drawing process on images and give you the option to share it as a video.
Over the years, new pen types and other different colors have been added to let you customize your best photos and share them with others.
On top of that, Microsoft also streamlined common tasks and editing tools, including the cropping and rotation tools, through a constantly refreshed user interface.
You will also find a horizontal navigation bar to help you sift through photos categorized by albums or folders, so what are you waiting for?
You should better act quickly when inspiration strikes.
How can I draw on photos and videos in Windows 10?
1. Effortlessly draw on photos and videos by using the Photos app
- Start by opening a video or a photo from your gallery.
- Then, select the Edit and Create option.
- Click on Draw next.
- From the Windows Ink Toolbar that shows up next, choose your preferred pen.
- Select the size and color of the fonts you’d like to use from a range of palettes.
- Start drawing on the images and videos. No one is hurrying you up!
2. Download Adobe Photoshop
If you want to have more options to edit photos and videos in Windows 10, what do you think about giving a try to Adobe Photoshop instead?
This is the go-to software when you intend to render an image into high resolution, alter the skin tone, play with color options, and make all sorts of everyday edits.
As for those of you looking to transform ordinary images into professional ones with ease, Photoshop offers a plethora of tools in that regard too.
Incredible brushes that may be easily controlled with stylus or touch on an iPad and countless graphic design filters are within reach of anyone trying to make a statement in terms of creativity.
No less important, it doesn’t matter if you’re schedule seems crazy these days. Start on your iPad while commuting, and then finish on your desktop as your work is always saved to the cloud.
If you’ve got your hands on the above tools, what features do you like using? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
FAQ: Learn more about drawing on photos in Windows 10
- Does Windows 10 have a photo program?
Yes, it does have a photo editing program. It’s the same old Photos app that you’ve known for years, packed with goodies for all photo enthusiasts.
- How can I draw on pictures on my computer?
To draw on pictures, use the Windows 10 Photos app. Open a photo, select Edit and Create, then click on Draw, and use this detailed article in case of experiencing issues.
- What is the best photo software for Windows 10?
Adobe Photoshop is by far the best photo software for Windows 10 and most professionals rely on its advanced tools. For similar options, check out this dedicated list.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in December 2016 and has been since revamped and updated in April 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.