Fix: Latest Windows 10 build fails to install due to error 0x8020000f
Windows 10 build 14385 for both PC and Mobile is out, but it appears many Insiders couldn’t install the latest update due to various error codes. We have already reported about the 0x80246019 error code that prevented Insiders from downloading the latest Windows 10 build, but a new error reared its ugly head.
This time, it’s error 0x8020000f that doesn’t allow Insiders to install the current build. Actually, this is not the first time when this error has prevented Insiders from getting their hands on Microsoft’s builds. Last year, thousands of users couldn’t download build 10159 due to the same error code.
Unfortunately, error 0x8020000f is back and it’s ruining Insiders’ day:
while upgrading the Windows 10 Insider Preview 14385 noticed an error – Error 0x8020000f
Fortunately, there’s a quick workaround available if you’ve been impacted by this issue:
- Go to Windows Update from the Settings page
- Go to Advanced options and change the Update Fast Ring option to Slow Ring
- Close the window and open the Windows Update Center again
- Go to Advanced options and change back to Fast Ring. Next time you open the Windows Update Center, the update procedure will start immediately.
We also recommend you to download this tool (100% safe and tested by us) to scan and fix various PC problems, such as file errors, malware and hardware failure.
If you encounter this error and you’re using a Wi-Fi Internet connection, also check if your connection is limited. Sometimes, the Wi-Fi connection is limited by default, and this could cause update issues. Simply turn off the metered connection and your download should proceed normally.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft will roll out Windows 10 Preview Builds even after the Anniversary Update is released
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update scheduled for August 2 release: What are its improvements?
- Fix: Your Security Settings Need Attention to Get Windows 10 Insider Build
- Fix: Black Screen on the Latest Windows 10 Build
- Fix: Error Code 0x80246017 When Downloading Windows 10 Preview Build
- Fix: Conexant HD Audio Microphone Driver not Working After Windows 10 Build Update
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]