- There are times when the browser can't open properly on the latest Microsoft OS model, so users are wondering how to fix Microsoft Edge problems on Windows 11.
- Fortunately, there are some ways to do it, among which you should consider checking if the browser is up to date.
- Keep in mind that resetting the settings is also an efficient method that will surely help.
- You can use the Windows 11 Settings menu in order to repair Microsoft Edge issues on your OS.
Microsoft Edge is a fast browser, which allows you to navigate through any Internet website. Comparing the new model with the older versions, this one is way much more efficient.
According to specialists, Microsoft Edge is the default browser for Windows 11. Thus, the MSHTML engine exists as part of the OS to power Internet Explorer mode in Microsoft Edge.
However, after upgrading their operating system to the latest design, some users reported troubles with the browser.
The most common manifestations are the following: not being able to open Microsoft Edge; opening it briefly, then being randomly closed, or not being able to open specific web pages.
This guide is here to support you completely. So, we made a selection of the best methods that will definitely help you fix Microsoft Edge problems in no time.
How can I easily fix Microsoft Edge issues on Windows 11?
1. Make sure that Microsoft Edge is up to date
- Open Settings in Microsoft Edge.
- Select About Microsoft Edge.
- If there is an update available, you can apply it from here.
This option is the simplest, the quickest, and the most efficient one. Usually, your apps need to be completely updated, so they won’t take you into problems.
2. Try to reset the settings
- Select Settings.
- From the left window pane, click on Reset Settings.
- Select Restore settings to their default values.
Some of the Microsoft Edge problems on Windows 11 might be caused due to its settings random bugs. Thus, we recommend you perform a reset to the browser’s default values.
3. Clear the browsing data
- Open Settings.
- From the left window pane, select Privacy, search, and services.
- From the right window pane, click on Choose what to clear.
- Uncheck what you want to clear, then click on the blue Clear now button.
Clearing certain data should help fix Microsoft Edge problems, like loading or formatting troubles on different web pages.
4. Run the troubleshooter
- Open Settings.
- Go to Update & Security.
- Click on the Troubleshoot.
- On the right side, select Additional troubleshooters.
- Scroll down, click on Windows Store Apps, then select Run the troubleshooter.
With this option, you’ll have an automatic expert that will locate and fix the problem. Thus, you don’t have to bother yourself with making adjustments.
5. Repair Microsoft Edge problems on Windows 11
- Open Settings.
- From the left window pane, select Apps.
- Search for the Microsoft Edge from the apps list.
- Click on it, then select Modify.
- Choose Yes when you’re asked if Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?.
- Make sure you’re connected to the Internet, then click on Repair.
Note that after performing these steps, your browser data and settings shouldn’t be affected by the repair.
We made sure to conduct researches through the most popular forums. Thus, this guide offered you only valuable options to fix Microsoft Edge on Windows 11.
For any other apps validation on the newest OS, we strongly recommend checking a dedicated guide on how to enable OneNote in Windows 11.
In addition, feel free to share your opinion and thoughts by leaving a comment in the section below.