- RPC is a communication protocol between a program (client) and another remote program (server).
- The Remote Procedure Call may encounter issues with outdated Windows.
- Running the Troubleshooter can help fix the Remote Procedure Call failed in Windows issue.
The Windows 11 Remote Procedure Call failed is an error that indicates that a connection cannot be established. It pops up when the Remote Procedure Call software, which makes it easy to remotely access and interact with programs on another computer, encounters an issue.
Communicating with programs on another computer in a different environment can sometimes be difficult and tedious.
It takes a long time to establish a remote connection between computers. Nonetheless, users may encounter numerous problems while in the process.
The RPC (Remote Procedure Call) is software used for a communication protocol between a client and a server.
It helps programs (Clients) request or calls service from a program (Server) on another computer on a network. The action occurs on the peripheral, so it doesn’t involve a deep understanding of the server’s network.
However, Windows Remote Procedure Call failed can occur for numerous reasons. Likewise, it can affect different procedures in the system. For instance, the Remote Procedure Call failed add a printer. It indicates that the RPC failed when adding or installing the printer driver.
The Remote Procedure Call serves as a communication protocol for programs to request access to a program running on another computer.
However, the RPC is a lazy genius as it establishes the client’s request and connection on a server’s network without having to understand the network’s details.
So, the program (client) can call other programs on the remote system known as the server without an in-depth connection that involves network detailing. Furthermore, it is an interprocess communication technique for calling and executing subroutine procedures.
Also, programmers use the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) because it allows them to avoid the stress of understanding the server’s network.
How do I fix the Remote Procedure Call that failed?
1. Configure RPC settings
- Click on Start at the bottom of the screen and type Services in the search space.
- Scroll down and select Remote Procedure Call (RPC).
- Ensure that the Startup type is changed to Automatic.
- Go to DCOM Server Process Launcher and ensure that the Startup type is also set to Automatic.
- Navigate to Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator, then the General tab.
- Select Manual as the Startup type.
We recommend you restart your computer to help the changes sync better with the system.
2. Find the corrupted file through Command
- Click on the Start button and type in Command.
- Select Command Prompt and right-click on it.
- Select Run as administrator, wait for the software to launch, then type the following in the search space and press Enter:
Wait for the command to run the diagnosis to scan and detect the faulty files. It can help fix the Remote Procedure Call that failed Windows 10 at login problems.
You can also choose a program that performs all these steps automatically. Restoro it’s a valuable tool that helps you find damaged files and repair or replace them instantly from its massive repository.
Benefit from all Restoro features to keep your PC in a healthy state.
3. Run Windows Troubleshooter
- Press the Windows + I keys to prompt Settings or type troubleshoot in the search space and press Enter.
- Select Troubleshoot from the results.
- Navigate to other troubleshooters and select the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.
- Click on Run the troubleshooter.
The diagnosis will help you detect where the error is from. It is an effective fix for Excel app errors like the Remote Procedure Call failed exception from the result: Ox800706be.
4. Update Windows
- Click on the Start button.
- Select the Settings option.
- Click on Windows Update and select Check for updates.
Windows will automatically search and download updates if there are any available.
5. Scan your computer for Malware
- Click Start and type in Virus.
- Select Virus & threat protection from the results.
- Click on Advanced scan and select Full scan, then click Scan now.
The Windows Defender will scan your computer for Malware. Delete them if there are any detected.
A faster solution would be ESET Nod32 because it offers excellent protection and strong performance. It keeps your devices safe from malware, phishing scams, ransomware, and other online threats.
Disabling the Remote Procedure Call on your computer will affect the functionality of services dependent on it. Likewise, it may result in the breakdown or malfunction of the PC. It impedes the communication between the Windows app and services.
These are the most effective fixes that can solve the Windows 11 remote procedure call failed problem. Ensure to follow the steps outlined for each solution to get optimal results.
Users may be interested in reading about how to fix Windows if it couldn’t connect to the update service.
Also, if you have questions and suggestions about this post, you can leave them in the comments section. We’d like your feedback.