Download Windows 7 updates KB3179930, KB3179949 , KB3177467 and KB3181988
Microsoft recently pushed a series of cumulative updates to all Windows versions, improving the system reliability. Windows 7 received the majority of these updates, proving once again that Microsoft still takes good care of its most popular operating system.
Indeed, despite the company’s efforts to convince users to upgrade to Windows 10, good old Windows 7 still has a 47% market share. Speaking of upgrades, cumulative update KB3184143 finally removes the Windows 10 upgrade pop-up from Windows 7 computers.
Another important update, KB3185278 improves software compatibility. The list of Windows 7 cumulative updates doesn’t end here, as Microsoft rolled out five more updates aimed at improving system reliability and servicing stack, as well as fixing erroneous SFC scan results.
September cumulative updates for Windows 7
- KB3179930: .Net Framework 4.5.2 reliability rollup
- KB3179949: Net Framework 4.6 and 4.6.1 reliability rollup
- KB3177467: stability improvements for Windows 7’s servicing stack
- KB3181988: this update fixes a SFC bug created by Microsoft. After users install the Convenience rollup update for Windows 7 (KB3125574), every System File Checker (SFC) integrity scan reports an error regarding the %windir%\system32\drivers\en-US\usbhub.sys.mui file.
The usbhub.sys.mui file encounters a problem in SFC integrity scans because it’s part of two resources.Once the KB3181988 update is installed, this bug will be history.
- KB3182203: this update was rolled out following the recent time zone change for Novosibirsk and Omsk.
You can download these updates via Windows Update, or you can download the stand-alone update package from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Windows 7 Update Center gets stuck checking for updates
- Windows 7 exploit is getting through the best of Microsoft’s defenses
- How to dual boot Windows 7 and Windows 10 Preview builds
- Fix: MsMpEng.exe causes high CPU usage on Windows 10, Windows 7