If you’re still a Windows 7 user and you really want to save tour favorite online show for watching it later, then you landed in the perfect spot. Screen recorders are able to do exactly this and more.
There are a lot of software designers on the market that provide screen capturing tools for videos and images and in order to be able to pick the ideal one for your needs, it’s recommended to carefully check out their features and their compatibility with your current operating system.
A high-quality and easy-to-use screen recording tool for Windows 7 will be all you need to get things done. Here a list of the best five screen recording programs available on the market.
What are the best Windows 7 screen recording tools?
1. Icecream Screen Recorder (recommended)
Already a World ‘bestseller’, Icecream Screen Recorder is a highly professional, streamlined and screen recording software.
This package is an excellent example of the versatility of such a program that provides all the functionalities offered by other similar programs.
It’s a sort of all-in-one tool designed to fit even the most capricious user.
This tool is ideal if you use multiple browsers during your daily Internet sessions.
Check out its best features below:
- Icecream Screen Recorder offers you the ability to take an image of a portion of a page, or you can simply take the entire window.
- It comes with all standard screen capture features.
- You can also record online videos.
- You can capture various video formats from YouTube, Vimeo or Dailymotion.
- You will be able to capture videos with the simple click of a button.
- You can add annotations such as arrows and circle line boxes on your videos.
- You can save your screenshots straight to your hard drive to the destination of your choosing.
- You will be able to store the screenshots in various file formats.
If you plan to capture an image in order to highlight particular areas or a specific section, the software will turn out to be quite an innovative program.
Icecream Screen Recorder is a viable alternative to typical screen capturing apps that are on the market.
2. Movavi Screen Recorder (suggested)
This is one of the best screen recording software out there because it’s totally free, user-friendly and quick.
Users all over the world are currently using the Movavi software for recording and editing audio and video streams, capturing screen and desktop activity in an HD format, creating video guides and more multimedia tasks.
Take a look at the program’s essential features below:
- It can capture videos from your computer screen.
- You can also grab sound from multiple sources.
- You will be able to save recordings without quality loss.
- The program allows you to export videos in any accessible format.
- You are also able to trim off unwanted footage from the recorded videos.
All you have to do is install the Screen Recorder for Windows 7, and it will run automatically after installation. Then you have to set the capture parameters, and you will be able to record desktop video in Windows 7.
- Download now Movavi Screen Recorder (trial version)
You will also be able to edit and convert your videos with a few tools that are available in the program. This software is a fast and reliable program to record screens in Windows 7.
3. Screen Recording Suite
Screen Recording Suite is a great screen recorder that is perfect for making tutorials and training videos. It supports both internal and external audio sources and various formats.
Take a look at the most important features that this software packs:
- It records from multiple sources including your own internal and external devices such as a musical instrument or a microphone.
- The program also records from your screen and webcam.
- It comes with a built-in video editor that allows you to edit the videos.
- You can crop, trim, convert and compress videos.
- It supports various video formats including AVI, MKV, SWF, FLV, 3GP.
To take a screencast, all you have to do is click the red Start button on the top left-hand corner and the Screen Recording Suite will countdown from 3 to 0.
You can also record yourself while you’re playing your favorite games by simply clicking the webcam icon and the software will instantly switch to picture-in-picture mode.
Overall, Screen Recording Suite is the ideal program for creating professional screen recordings and screencasts.
Action! is a professional high-definition screen and game recorder. It will provide you the opportunity to record your live video experience at a fantastic quality. The software is ideal for gamers.
Take a look at the most impressive features that it includes:
- The program includes Windows fullscreen or region screen recording.
- You have the ability to capture screenshots as well.
- You can save web player videos.
- Another essential feature is real-time recording when a video is streaming, or a game is being played.
- The software allows gameplay streaming to other devices and online sources.
- It comes with a built-in video manager that displays essential functions including deleting, browsing, sharing and uploading.
- You will be able to record music for future playback.
- An easy-to-understand layout will highlight the number of recordings and the total file size of the group.
Action! is entirely a one-of-a-kind software with really high frame rates and a user-friendly integration. The software is an intuitive screen recorder that lets you perform various functions with a centralized platform.
Action! is excellent for users who are wary of getting involved with more complex platforms.
5. Bandicam Screen Recorder
With Bandicam Screen Recorder you have the ability to capture what is happening on your computer screen such as images or videos. You can also record gaming on your desktop in HQ video.
Take a look at the most important features that come included in this software:
- Gamers can record their gaming skills in high resolution up to 2,560 x 1,600.
- You can share the videos straight on YouTube in 720p or 1080p.
- You can easily capture screenshots and save them as JPG, BMP or PNG.
- The program helps you immortalize your favorite gaming moments.
- You can also resize a specific area manually, or you can choose from the predefined formats.
- To capture images or videos all you have to do is define the options including codecs, frame rate, and quality.
- The program works great with games and software that use DirectX and OpenGL for graphics including the ones in Skyrim, World of Warcraft and Minecraft.
Your videos will be watermarked on the free version of the program, but the watermark will be removed if you pay to register.
Bandicam allows you to change the number of frames per second. You can also choose the video and the audio codecs.
This is the point where our roundup of five screen recording tools for Windows 7 comes to an end.
All the programs that we have presented above come with high-quality features and capabilities for streaming videos and recording images and videos and they are all compatible with Windows 7.
These programs will provide high-quality footage, live video and audio streams, easy captures, and lightning-fast processing as well.
Analyze their features and decide for yourself which software is the one that best suits your preferences and needs.
Last but not least, keep in mind that Microsoft officially ended Windows 7 support on January 2020. Some of the tools listed above may fail to work properly after that date. As a result, you may need to upgrade your system to the latest Windows 10 version.
If you already decided that you want to upgrade to Windows 10, make sure to check out our wide collection of guides on how to make the transition as smooth as possible.
On the other hand, if you want to keep using Windows 7 forever, we got you covered as well. Check out this in-depth guide on what you need to do so as to prevent Microsoft from installing Windows 10 on your good old Windows 7 computer.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Record videos in Chrome with the Screencastify Chrome Screen Recorder
- 10 Best Windows 10 Screen Recorder Software to use
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on November 2017 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.