Flixster is one of the best Windows 10, 8 and 8.1 movie apps for film fans from all over the world.It has recently received a fresh update in the Windows Store that takes care of some previous annoyances.
We have included the Windows 10, 8 app Flixster in our list of the Best Windows 10 movie apps to download right now. The Windows 10, 8.1 Flixster app was recently updated with several bug fixes and now we’ve seen a new update that takes care of some other things.
Watch movie trailers, get showtimes and stream movies from your UltraViolet movie collection. Browse the top box office movies and movies opening soon. Look up showtimes at nearby theaters. Get critics’ reviews from Rotten Tomatoes. Watch high quality trailers. Stream full-length movies from your UltraViolet collection. Create your own “Want to See” list.
The release note for the Windows 10, 8.1 Flixster app update informs us that fixes for playback issues and general bug fixes have been put in place. Download the latest update as soon as you can, to ensure that you have the latest version running.
We also recommend this third-party tool to automatically download all the outdated drivers on your PC.
Flixster key features
If you’re looking for an app to watch movies on your Windows 10 computer, here are some of the key features that make Flixster an option worth considering:
- You can use it to look up showtimes at nearby theaters
- You can also check out critics’ reviews from Rotten Tomatoes to get an idea about the movies that you’re planning to watch
- Watch high quality trailers
- Stream full-length movies from your UltraViolet collection
- Create your own “Want to See” list to make sure that you don’t forget about any of the movies that caught your attention.
If you already used Flixster, tell us more about your user experience in the comment below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to fix Netflix black bars at top, bottom and on sides of movies
- How to convert old movies to digital format
- Watch free movies on Windows 10 with the Hotstar app
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in December 2013 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in December 2013 and was revamped and updated in March 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.