Windows 8.1 brought some much needed and important new features over Windows 8 and with the release of the latest Windows 8.1 Update, we’ve got even more options and settings to make use of. One of them represents the settings that lets you toggle with live tiles.
If you own a Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 device, then you are probably well acquainted with the term of live tiles – those “icons” that are glued to the start screen of your desktop or touch Windows device. There are certain settings that you can change in order to make live tiles better suit your own needs. We’re going to tell you how you can quickly change settings for live tiles and also how to understand the impact of the changes that you have made.
Here are the quick steps for easily accessing live tiles settings:
1. Go to the Start Screen of your Windows 8.1 device by pressing the Windows logo on your keyboard, as you can see in the above screenshot.
2. From there, swipe your finger or mouse to the right and choose from there Settings.
3. Now, from the drop-down menu, select ‘Tiles’.
- Show more tiles on the Start screen – this will automatically add more space and will reduce the size of apps that are currently on the start screen
- Show more apps in Apps view – this will let you see more of your apps when you scroll down
- Show administrative tools – this will open up a small menu of commands when right clicking on a live tile
- Clear personal info from my tiles – for example, if your Facebook live tiles is showing you feeds of your friends’ activity, you can turn that off.