Windows 10, 8.1 Live Tiles: Tweak the Settings
Windows 10, 8.1 brought some much needed and important new features over Windows 8 and with the release of the latest Windows 8.1 Update, we’ve got even more options and settings to make use of. One of them represents the settings that let you toggle with live tiles.
If you own a Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 device, then you are probably well acquainted with the term of live tiles – those “icons” that are glued to the start screen of your desktop or touch Windows device. There are certain settings that you can change in order to make live tiles better suit your own needs. We’re going to tell you how you can quickly change settings for live tiles and also how to understand the impact of the changes that you have made.
How to change Live Tiles settings on Windows 10, 8.1 p or laptop?
Here are the quick steps for easily accessing live tiles settings:
1. Go to the Start Screen of your Windows 8.1, 10 device by pressing the Windows logo on your keyboard, as you can see in the above screenshot.
2. From there, swipe your finger or mouse to the right and choose from there Settings.
3. Now, from the drop-down menu, select ‘Tiles’.
- Show more tiles on the Start screen – this will automatically add more space and will reduce the size of apps that are currently on the start screen
- Show more apps in Apps view – this will let you see more of your apps when you scroll down
- Show administrative tools – this will open up a small menu of commands when right clicking on a live tile
- Clear personal info from my tiles – for example, if your Facebook live tiles is showing you feeds of your friends’ activity, you can turn that off.
Windows live tiles hints and tips
Live tiles are really amazing, and in Windows 10 you can customize them even better. You can easily create your own start menu from live tiles according to your needs and apps you use the most. After the last big update Live Tiles received from Microsoft, you have even more options to customize them.
For some people, there might be some problems with Live Tiles, especially with the weather app. This problem may be fixed easily by clicking on the previous link. Let us know in the comments if you arrived to customize your Live Tiles as you wanted.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in April 2014 and has been since revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
There’s a lot of good things going for Microsoft Solitaire Collection. The recently-revamped game set of various games was mostly welcomed by avid solitaire players […]
A formal announcement made by Microsoft suggests that Windows Update will no longer have the Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted) option also referred to as SAC-T option starting […]
Chrome announced a brand new exciting feature that will let users create a link to a word on the existing webpage and share it with others. The Scroll to Text feature […]