Accessories were a big part of previous Windows installments, and with Windows 10 it seems that Accessories menu is missing from Windows 10. If you are missing the Accessories menu in Windows 10, today we’re going to show you how to find it.
As you know, with Windows 10 we got Start Menu back, and although the Start Menu has returned, it has been changed, and one of the changes is the absence of Accessories menu. However, good news is that Accessories menu isn’t removed completely from Windows 10, it has just been moved and changed.
How to access Accessories in Windows 10
Accessories menu was a home to many apps such as Notepad, Paint, Snipping Tool, Sound Recorder, Sticky Notes, WordPad, XPS View, Character Map, Remove Desktop Connection etc. As you can see, these are some apps that users often use, and although all of these apps are available in Windows 10, it’s always handy to have them at one location. So, where are these apps on Windows 10?
Good news is that all these apps are right there in the Start Menu, you just need to know where to find them. To find Accessories, you just need to do the following:
- Click the Start Menu.
- Now click All Apps.
- You should see the alphabetical list of all apps.
- Scroll all the way down to the W, and you should see Windows Accessories.
- Click the little arrow next to it to expand it, and you should see all the familiar apps.
As you can see, Accessories are still there, but you just need to know where to look for them.
In addition, there’s one more way to find Accessories without using the Start Menu.
- Open File Explorer.
- Go to the following path:
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Accessories
- Once you go there, you should see all the apps from Accessories menu.
There you go, as you can see, accessing Windows Accessories is also easy in Windows 10.