Windows can’t find Python executable error [QUICK FIX]
If you’re installing a package for Node on Windows 10, then you might receive the following error: Windows can’t find Python executable. This error is caused by the Node software not being able to find the path to your Python executable.
This issue can become very annoying since it stops you from accessing your Python and Node files freely. Since this can be a big problem for many users, today we’ll show you the best way to deal with it. Read on to find out more.
How to fix Windows can’t find Python executable error? This issue usually occurs if you don’t have Windows Build Tools installed. To fix the problem, you need to open the PowerShell and run npm install –global –production windows-build-tools command. In addition, you might be required to run npm install node-gyp command as well.
What to do if Windows cannot find Python?
Install the Windows Build Tools
This issue usually occurs if you don’t have Windows Build Tools installed, but you can fix that by doing the following:
- Press Windows + X key > choose Windows PowerShell (Admin).
- Type in the following command: npm install –global –production windows-build-tools , and press Enter. The installation process will start.
- After the first installation is completed, also install node-gyp by typing in the following command: npm install node-gyp
- Press Enter.
Restart the terminal window and try to install the package with problems again.
In this article, we explored the best and fastest way to deal with the Windows can’t find Python executable error while trying to install Node.
Follow these steps carefully and this problem will be resolved. Please feel free to let us know if this fix worked for you by using the comment section below.
- Code Writer App: Must-Have Tool for Programmers in Windows 10/8.1
- How to open PY files on PC
- What Software to Use For Linear Programming on Windows 10
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.