Backup and Sync from Google is a popular sync and backup utility for Google Drive users. However, while installing the application, you may encounter Error loading Python DLL error.
Several users have reported a similar error in the Reddit community:
So I’ve got a new work laptop that I just upgraded to Windows 10, and I installed Google Drive (apparently it’s now called Backup and Sync from Google) and everything went well for a while, I can put my files in the assigned folder and everything synced just fine.
If you are also troubled by this error, here are a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you resolve Error loading Python DLL error in Windows.
How can I fix Error loading Python DLL error?
1. Clear the temporary folder
- Open the File Explorer and navigate to the following location:
- Press Ctrl + A to select all the items in the temp folder.
- Right-click on the files and select Delete.
- Next, navigate to the following location:
- Right-click on the Temp folder and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, open the Security tab.
- Select your username and click the Edit button.
- Under Permissions for username, section make sure Full Control box is checked under Allow.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
- Click OK to close the Temp properties window.
- Open the Temp folder and delete all the files in the folder.
- Try to install or access the Backup and Sync app and check for any improvements.
Clearing the temporary folders has resolved the problem for many users. The temp folders may have corrupted files that the application may not be able to process, resulting in the error.
If this does not solve your issue, we recommend trying a 3rd party software.
Run a third-party DLL fixer
There are plenty of third-party programs out there that promise to fix or replace missing or broken DLLs, and most of them stay true to their word. However, if you are to choose just one, then there’s no way you can go wrong with Restoro.
How to use Restoro to fix missing or broken DLLs
- Download here Restoro and install it on your Windows 10 PC
- Let Restoro perform a full system scan
- When the scan is finished, press Clean Now
- Restoro will now proceed to fix your DLL-related issue.
Note: While Restoro can be downloaded for free, it has limited functionality until you activate it. That being the case, if you want the full benefit of a great PC repair and optimization tool, you should purchase the full license.
2. Run Backup and Sync as administrator
- Open the folder where the Backup and Sync installer is saved.
- Right-click on the installer.
- Select Run as Administrator option from the context menu. When the UAC prompt appears, click Yes.
- The installer should now install without any issues.
In case you are facing the issue while launching Backup and Sync from Google, do the following.
- Right-click on the app icon from the Dekstop.
- Select Run as Administrator.
- When the UAC prompt appears, click Yes.
3. Run in compatibility mode
- Open File Explorer.
- Navigate to the following location:
- If you are using 32-bit OS, try C:Program Files (x86)GoogleDrive
- Right-click on Googledrivesync.exe and select Properties.
- Open the Compatibility tab in the Properties window.
- Under Compatibility mode, check the Run this program in compatibility mode for box.
- Select an older version of OS than installed on your system.
- Click Apply > OK to save the changes.
Running the Backup and Sync from Google app in compatibility mode can help you resolve the issue that may be occurring due to incompatibility issues.
The Error Loading Python DLL Google Sync and Backup from Google error can occur due to permission as well as compatibility issues. In this article, we have listed all the possible solutions to help you resolve the issue.