- Many applications rely on Python, and sometimes you may encounter error loading Python DLL error on your PC.
- To fix this issue, adjusting your security permission is usually the way to go.
- The fastest way to fix DLL errors is to use a specialized third-party tool, so be sure to consider that as well.
- If you’re having a Backup and Sync error while loading python dll, fix that by using the administrative privileges.
Backup and Sync from Google is a popular sync and backup utility for Google Drive users. However, while installing the application, you may encounter Error loading Python DLL error.
Several users have reported a similar error in the Reddit community:
So I’ve got a new work laptop that I just upgraded to Windows 10, and I installed Google Drive (apparently it’s now called Backup and Sync from Google) and everything went well for a while, I can put my files in the assigned folder and everything synced just fine.
If you are also troubled by this error, here are a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you resolve Error loading Python DLL error in Windows.
How can I fix Error loading Python DLL error?
1. Clear the temporary folder
- Open the File Explorer and navigate to the following location:
- Press Ctrl + A to select all the items in the temp folder.
- Right-click on the files and select Delete.
- Next, navigate to the following location:
- Right-click on the Temp folder and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, open the Security tab.
- Select your username and click the Edit button.
- Under Permissions for username, section make sure Full Control box is checked under Allow.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
- Click OK to close the Temp properties window.
- Open the Temp folder and delete all the files in the folder.
- Try to install or access the Backup and Sync app and check for any improvements.
Clearing the temporary folders has resolved thepyinstaller error loading python dll for many users, so we encourage you to try it out.
The temp folders may have corrupted files that the application may not be able to process, resulting in the error.
If this does not solve your issue, we recommend trying a 3rd party software.
Restoro is a reliable third-party DLL fixer which uses a built-in automated system and an online library full of functional DLLs to replace and repair any files that might be corrupted or damaged on your PC.
All you need to do to resolve your PC’s problems is to launch it, and simply follow the on-screen instructions to start the process, as everything else is covered by the software’s automated processes.
This is how you can fix registry errors using Restoro:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for it to scan your PC for any stability issues and possible malware.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
After this process is completed your PC will be as good as new, and you will no longer have to deal with BSoD errors, slow response times, or other similar issues.
Disclaimer: This program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Run Backup and Sync as administrator
- Open the folder where the Backup and Sync installer is saved.
- Right-click on the installer.
- Select Run as Administrator option from the context menu. When the UAC prompt appears, click Yes.
- The installer should now install without any issues.
In case you are facing the issue while launching Backup and Sync from Google, do the following.
- Right-click on the app icon from the Dekstop.
- Select Run as Administrator.
- When the UAC prompt appears, click Yes.
Sometimes you just need administrative privileges to fix Backup and Sync error loading Python dll error, so be sure to try this method.
3. Run in compatibility mode
- Open File Explorer.
- Navigate to the following location:
- If you are using 32-bit OS, try
C:\Program Files (x86)\GoogleDrive
- Right-click on Googledrivesync.exe and select Properties.
- Open the Compatibility tab in the Properties window.
- Under Compatibility mode, check the Run this program in compatibility mode for box.
- Select an older version of OS than installed on your system.
- Click Apply > OK to save the changes.
Running the Backup and Sync from Google app in compatibility mode can help fix error loading python dll python39.dll and other Python DLL errors.
The Error Loading Python DLL Google Sync and Backup from Google error can occur due to permission as well as compatibility issues. In this article, we have listed all the possible solutions to help you resolve the issue.