This app tells you if your PC supports Windows Mixed Reality headsets
Are you ready for Mixed Reality in Windows 10? If you’re still not sure, Microsoft will tell you. A new app called Windows Mixed Reality PC Check just appeared in the Windows Store. As its name says, this app will simply scan your computer and tell you if its Mixed Reality-ready.
Windows Mixed Reality PC Check is as simple as it gets. When you open the app, it simply shows the list of your system specifications, with check marks next compatible components, and warning signs next to incompatible ones. Obviously, if you get all check marks, your computer is ready for Mixed Reality.
Whether your computer is compatible with Mixed Reality or not, the app will show you a link to Microsoft’s website, where you can find more info about the upcoming Mixed Reality features. We can also say that exposing this app to Windows 10 users is a smart way of advertising Mixed Reality for Windows 10.
The first Windows Mixed Reality headsets are expected to arrive on October 17. At the same time as Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. The first Mixed Reality devices will be released by some of the biggest names in the industry, including Acer, ASUS, Dell, HP, and Lenovo.
Here are the minimum system requirements for running Windows Mixed Reality on your computer (but you can always check with the app):
- CPU: Intel Mobile Core i5 (e.g. 7200U) Dual-Core with Hyperthreading equivalent
- GPU: Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 620 (GT2) equivalent or greater DX12 API Capable GPU
- RAM: 8GB+ Dual Channel required for integrated Graphics
- HDMI: HDMI 1.4 or DisplayPort 1.2 for 60Hz head-mounted displays
- HDMI: HDMI 2.0 or DisplayPort 1.2 for 90Hz head-mounted displays
- HDD: 100GB+ SSD (Preferred) / HDD
- USB: USB 3.0 Type-A or USB 3.1 Type-C Port with DisplayPort Alternate Mode
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0 for accessories
Mixed Reality PC Check is available in the Windows Store, and you can download it for free.
What do you think about the whole Mixed Reality in Windows 10 thing? Let us know in the comments below!
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- OneNote 2016 is now available in Windows Store
- Cortana is now an AI-powered bot that can run errands for you in Skype
- Bitwarden is the latest password manager extension for Microsoft Edge
Users have reported that their browser software does not fit the screen on Windows 10 whenever they load the websites in a window half of […]
PS4 Remote Play is a convenient way of casting and remotely-playing your PlayStation 4 games on a PC. However, as that’s the case with any […]