Windows Update Error Codes
We have to admit that there hasn’t been a single Windows 10 major update immune to installation issues, and they come in various forms, or more precisely, as various error codes. It would be ideal to have a single solution to fix all Windows Update error codes, but they have different causes and need a specific approach.
Microsoft has been trying to improve Windows Update Troubleshooter. Although it’s automatic, it doesn’t give you an easy time and you may discover other useful troubleshooting tools. Our team of experts strives to provide the effective solutions you can apply for each Windows Update error code.
Here is the list of the most common Windows Update error codes. Find out how to fix them by following the link assigned:
- 0x80240016 WU_E_INSTALL_NOT_ALLOWED Operation tried to install while another installation was in progress or the system was pending a mandatory restart.
- 0x80240017 WU_E_NOT_APPLICABLE Operation was not performed because there are no applicable updates.
- 0x80240018 WU_E_NO_USERTOKEN Operation failed because a required user token is missing.
- 0x8024001E WU_E_SERVICE_STOP Operation did not complete because the service or system was being shut down.
- 0x8024001F WU_E_NO_CONNECTION Operation did not complete because the network connection was unavailable.
- 0x80240020 WU_E_NO_INTERACTIVE_USER Operation did not complete because there is no logged-on interactive user.
- 0x80240024 WU_E_NO_UPDATE There are no updates.
- 0x80240031 WU_E_INVALID_FILE The file is in the wrong format.
- 0x80240FFF WU_E_UNEXPECTED An operation failed due to reasons not covered by another error code.
- 0x80072ee7 WU_ERROR_INTERNET_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED – The server name could not be resolved.
- 0x80070652 WU_ERROR_INSTALL_ALREADY_RUNNING ErrorClientUpdateInProgress
- 0x80070002 WU_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND – The System cannot find the file specified
- 0x80070422 WU_ERROR_SERVICE_DISABLED – The service cannot be started. If BITS service is disabled by the Administrator, then this error will be seen.
- 0x80072efd WU_ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT – The attempt to connect to the server failed.
A lot of people still love to use Windows Media Player as their go-to player, but many users reported Windows Media Player cannot play the […]
Windows users often experience high CPU usage. This issue causes PC performance to slow down, consuming huge chunks of memory. It is critical to take […]
So you’re on your machine and plug-in your TV, the devices seem to recognize each other and appear to be connected, but suddenly you get […]