Are you worried about what VPN client software to use for your Windows XP PC? Then, this post is meant for you.
You may wonder what VPN is all about. A virtual private network (VPN) is a private data network which abstracts your Internet connection so as to maintain privacy through cryptographic security protocols. In addition, VPN transforms your Internet connection to a virtual network so as to make your PC anonymous.
Windows XP was a popular operating system from Microsoft after its launch in October 2001. Even though it is an out-dated OS, it is still used by a number of people today most especially in developing countries.
However, if you are using Windows XP, you can still benefit from using VPN client software on your PC.
Best VPN client software for Windows XP
Editor’s choice: NordVPN
After several tests, our team concluded that NordVPN would be the best VPN to fit on a Windows XP computer.
This VPN offers you multiple ways to protect your connection: DNS leak protection, kill switch, double-hop and auto connect (use’r favorite connection). You can use it on multiple devices besides your own PC, though it can be slower than other VPNs because of its extra security features. However, you’ll be perfectly satisfied by the security level provided.
Here are some of the most notable features:
- Allowing HD streaming whithout slowing down your connection
- Over 200 servers at your disposal
- 6 device-usage for 1 license
- Double data protection (passing it through 2 servers)
One more important mention is that you basically have a 3-days trial period before you buy one of its affordable plans.
– Download now NordVPN from the official website
Hotspot Shield Free (recommended)
Hotspot Shield is probably the most popular free VPN client in the cyber world today. It is popularly known for allowing access to blocked websites such as Hulu, PayPal. If you want unlimited bandwidth and data transfer coupled with anonymous-ity, you should use Hotspot Shield.
Some features of Hotspot Shield include:
- Surf online anonymously
- Real IP address masking
- A secure Internet connection, even while using public Wi-Fi
- Protection against phishing sites, malware, and spam.
- Fast connections for higher-speed browsing
- New IP address assigned when connected to a server of a particular country
The benefits of using Hotspot Shield will outweigh other VPN client programs. You can stick with either the free version or the premium version.
Download Hotspot Shield Free here.
If you are thinking about a better security, we strongly recommend you to choose the paid plan which has a better support for $5.99 per month.
- Get now Hotspot Shield Premium plan for maximum protection
Express VPN is one of the fastest VPN services available most especially for Windows XP system. This VPN client software uses a SSL secured network with 256-bit encryption; in addition, it utilizes unlimited bandwidth and Internet speed.
An interesting feature of Express VPN is that it uses 136 VPN servers from 87 countries, hence an express network, as its name suggests.
Other features include:
- Unlimited bandwidth, server switches and speed
- It uses OpenVPN(TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP protocols
- Masked network traffic
- Synchronized connections on up to 3 systems
However, Express VPN is premium software unlike other VPN tools; you can purchase the one-month plan at $12.95, while the one-year plan costs $8.32/ month.
Buy Express VPN here
This VPN software is popular among Windows XP users. It has a user-friendly interface making it easier for novice PC users to ‘anonymize’ their data network. In addition, Total VPN uses strong encryption protocols (PPTP, OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec and IkeV2).
Some features of Total VPN include:
- Zero monitoring of browser logs.
- Full protection on public Wi-FI networks.
- IP address, location and personal information are masked.
- Customer support via email or chat 24/7 365.
However, the only limitation of Total VPN on Windows XP is that, the connection speed is slow, and also there are limitations in simultaneous connections. The Total Premium subscription offers over 30 connection locations, unrestricted browsing and data, and no bandwidth at a premium cost of $5.57.
As its name suggests, IPVanish makes your IP address disappear, making you anonymous online. This VPN client software utilizes its own cryptographic encryption technology to protect your data and information. If you want to be virtually everywhere online, it is possible because IPVanish has access to over 40,000+ shared IPs, 500+ VPN servers in 60+ countries.
Other features of IPVanish include:
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Unlimited bandwidth and anonymous torrenting
- Zero traffic logs
- OpenVPN, PPTP and L2TP/IPsec VPN protocols
- Up to 5 simultaneous connections on multiple devices
- 24/7 customer support
IPVanish offers the following payment plans:
- $10 for one month of protection
- $8.99/month for a three month subscription
- $6.49/month for a year subscription.
TurboVPN is one of the best free VPN software available on the market. This VPN client software, as its name suggests, utilizes turbo speed and also has a stable connection which is non-fluctuating. You do not have to pay any monthly or yearly fee in order to access the turbo power of this.
Other features include:
- Low bandwidth usage
- Enables you to create hotspots and share connection
- It works with 3G, LTE, and Wi-Fi
If you are interested in Turbo VPN, you can download it here.
In conclusion, any of these software are ideal for your Windows XP system. Do share with us your experience in using any of the VPN client software for Windows XP we mentioned above.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Can’t connect to VPN on PC
- In the age of no privacy, scam VPN services are on the loose
- Fix: VPN error on Windows 10