- Still using Windows XP and need a VPN app? In this article, we're going to list the best 6 VPN software you can still use on Windows XP, even if this OS has gone out of support.
- As every good service, many of these VPN services offer you a paid subscription, but some of them also offer free trials that you can use to get accustomed.
- Our VPN section can help you find out more about Virtual Private Networking.
- If you don't want to give up on Windows XP just yet, you should take a look at our dedicated section.
Are you worried about what VPN client software to use for your Windows XP PC? Then, this post is meant for you.
You may wonder what VPN is all about. A virtual private network (VPN) is a private data network that abstracts your Internet connection so as to maintain privacy through cryptographic security protocols.
In addition, a VPN hides your IP address and makes you anonymous online. Such a service can be installed on a number of operating systems and devices to secure all network traffic. For example, you can use VPN apps for Windows 8 and 8.1.
Windows XP was a popular operating system from Microsoft after its launch in October 2001. Even though it is an outdated OS, it is still used by a number of people today, especially in developing countries.
However, if you are using Windows XP, you can still benefit from using VPN client software on your PC.
What is the best VPN client software for Windows XP?
1. Editor’s choice: NordVPN
After several tests, our team concluded that NordVPN would be the best VPN to fit on a Windows XP computer.
This VPN offers you multiple ways to protect your connection: DNS leak protection, kill switch, double-hop and auto-connect (user favorite connection).
You can use it on multiple devices besides your own PC, though it can be slower than other VPNs because of its extra security features. However, you’ll be perfectly satisfied with the security level provided.
Here are some of the most notable features:
- Allowing HD streaming without slowing down your connection
- Over 200 servers at your disposal
- 6 device-usage for 1 license
- Double data protection (passing it through 2 servers)
One more important mention is that you basically have a 3-days trial period before you buy one of its affordable plans.
As its name suggests, IPVanish makes your IP address disappear, making you anonymous online. This VPN client software utilizes its own cryptographic encryption technology to protect your data and information.
If you want to be virtually everywhere online, it is possible because IPVanish has access to over 40,000+ shared IPs, 500+ VPN servers in 60+ countries. Other features of IPVanish include:
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Unlimited bandwidth and anonymous torrenting
- Zero traffic logs
- OpenVPN, PPTP, and L2TP/IPsec VPN protocols
- Up to 5 simultaneous connections on multiple devices
- 24/7 customer support
IPVanish offers the following payment plans:
- $10 for one month of protection
- $8.99/month for a three-month subscription
- $6.49/month for a year subscription.
3. Express VPN
Express VPN is one of the fastest VPN services available most especially for the Windows XP system. This VPN client software uses an SSL secured network with 256-bit encryption; in addition, it utilizes unlimited bandwidth and Internet speed.
An interesting feature of Express VPN is that it uses 136 VPN servers from 87 countries, hence an express network, as its name suggests.
Other features include:
- Unlimited bandwidth, server switches, and speed
- It uses OpenVPN(TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP protocols
- Masked network traffic
- Synchronized connections on up to 3 systems
However, Express VPN is premium software unlike other VPN tools; you can purchase the one-month plan at $12.95, while the one-year plan costs $8.32/ month.
Editor’s Note: This article continues on the next page. If you are interested in other VPN software, check out our wide collection of options.