WordPerfect by Corel refusing to print is a complex issue and it can get users in a critical state due to their unanswered questions. They hit Print and nothing happens even if they’ve got the confirmation that the issue isn’t printer related.
That’s what users describe over forums:
Word Perfect has decided to not print to my printer. Everything else prints just fine. Libre Office docs and spreadsheets, pdfs, websites etc.
If you are also struggling with getting WordPerfect to communicate with your printer, here is a list of tips that you can follow.
What can I do if WordPerfect will not print?
1. Reset the WordPerfect print engine
- Close all applications first.
- Press the keyboard shortcut Windows Key + R to open Run box.
- In the Run dialog box, type: Regedit and click OK or press Enter.
- While in the Windows Registry go to File > Export.
- In the Save in text box select Desktop or My Documents.
- Type in the word: Backup in FileName;
- Under Export Range, select All and click Save.
- Double-click the folder HKey_Current_User to expand it.
- Do the same for the folders Software and Corel.
- Right-click the folder PrintEngine and select Rename.
- Rename PrintEngine to PrintEngine1 or PrintEngineOld.
- Closeout of the registry.
2. Clear the Print Spooler queue
- Press the Windows and R keys at the same time, as this will open the Run command box.
- Type services.msc inside the search box.
- The Services window should be next displayed.
- Scroll down to Print Spooler.
- Right-click Print Spooler and select Stop.
- Navigate to C:WindowsSystem32spoolPRINTERS and delete all files in the folder.
- You can now return to the Services window.
- Finish the process by clicking Start in the left pane when Print Spooler is highlighted.
- This will effectively restart the Print Spooler service.
3. Update printer driver/WordPerfect
Updates are additions to software that can contribute to preventing or fixing problems and improve your overall computing experience.
To rule out a potential update problem, you’ll want to ensure that you are using the most current printer driver from the printer manufacturer or by using one of the best driver updating software tools.
Updating to the latest build of WordPerfect Office is also mandatory. If you’re facing a critical error and Windows deletes your files in the update process, our guide will surely help you get all your files back.
Uninstalling and reinstalling your current WordPerfect program is also an option to consider. Remember that you may have as many as seven versions of the program installed on a Windows system at the same time for testing purposes.
Feel free to try all the above solutions and let us know which one worked for you.