- World of Warships is a free-to-play MMO with a naval warfare theme. It is produced by Wargaming, the same company behind World of Tanks and World of Warplanes.
- The game gained a lot of popularity, so sometimes users can't connect to the servers. If the servers aren't full, you should check your firewall, register your DNS, or repair/reinstall the game.
- To troubleshoot any issues related to this game, visit our World of Warships Hub.
- Check out the Gaming section for more news and game-related guides.
World of Warships has its own dedicated fan-base, with forums dedicated to the game, but some users have reported Error connecting server message. In today’s article we’ll show you how to fix this problem once and for all.
How to fix Error connecting server message in World of Warships? First off, ensure that the game isn’t blocked by your firewall or antivirus. If everything is in order, verify the game‘s cache in Steam. In case the problem is still there, you might have to reinstall the game to fix the problem.
How can I fix World of Warships Error connecting server message?
- Reinstall your game
- Steam client fix
- Firewall fix
- Try another game server alternative
- Register your DNS
- Update or reinstall your network drivers
1. Reinstall your game
When the problem persists, the best solution is to simply uninstall and reinstall your game.
To uninstall World of Warships:
- Open your Start Menu and click on Settings.
- Now click System on the Settings.
- Select Apps & features from the left section.
- Select World of Warships and click the Uninstall.
Now you just have to download the game again, and the issue should be resolved.
2. Steam client fix
In case you’re using the Steam client to access your game, this error might be related to corrupted files in your Steam library. In order to do the check-up, follow these steps:
- Launch Steam.
- From your Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
- Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files.
- Steam will now verify your game‘s files.
- Once it’s done launch World of Warships
3. Firewall fix
Error connecting server message can appear due to problems with your firewall. To fix it, add World of Warships to the list of exceptions:
- Open your Start Menu.
- Now select Control Panel.
- Then click on Windows Firewall.
- Now, click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
- Click on the Change Settings.
- Check the boxes next to the applications you want to allow to access the Internet.
- Click OK to save your new settings.
4.Try another game server alternative
If World of Warships does not connect with the server maybe you want to try another game server alternative that can help you provide the best game experience.
We suggest you try Host Havoc a high-performance server with excellent 24/7 technical support that helps you fix the issues easily and fast.
Host Havoc has a custom control panel that is very easy to use in order to change maps and install further modifications to your server.
Here are some of its main features:
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Daily Backups Available
- Complete Control of Your Server
- Full FTP Access
- Instant Server Setup
- Easy Configuration
- Switch Games Any Time
- Steam Workshop Availability
- Free DDoS Protection
With a powerful control suite and unique features and installers, this server hosting is quite simple to use for both novice and advanced users.
Host HavocHigh-performance hosting services with DDoS protected networks and 24/7 support.
5. Register your DNS
This is a simple solution, aimed to solve your network related issues including Error connecting server message.
- Type cmd in your Start Menu, in order to open Command Prompt.
- Type ipconfig /registerdns, and then press Enter.
- After the operation has been completed, type in exit in Command Prompt, and then restart your machine.
6. Update or reinstall your network drivers
If all else failed and you’re still getting Error connecting server in World of Warships, you can try updating/reinstalling your network drivers.
Firstly, in order to update them, follow these steps:
- In the search box on the taskbar, select Device Manager.
- Select a category to see names of devices, then right-click on the one you’d like to update.
- Select Update Driver.
- Now click on Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Once it’s done updating you’re all set.
You can also update your drivers quickly by using third-party tools such as TweakBit Driver Updater. By using this tool, you can update all your drivers automatically with just a few clicks.
To reinstall your network drivers, follow these steps:
- Open the Device Manager.
- Right-click on the name of the device, and select Uninstall.
- Now restart your machine.
- Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver at start-up.
We hope that you managed to fix Error connecting server error by using our solutions. If you found our solutions helpful, let us know in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it is. World of Warships: Legends is a PSN game and cross-platform games are supported by the developer.
The game supports both PvP game mode and also an advanced PvE battle mode.
World of Warships game is free to download and play for anybody. Premium accounts are available for 11$ a month. Earning XP faster, more in-game currency and faster mission completion come with such an account.