Fix: Xbox error “The current profile is not allowed”
Key component of Xbox is its online multiplayer experience that allows you to play your favorite games against other players. Although online multiplayer is amazing, some users reported The current profile is not allowed message that prevents them from accessing online multiplayer on their console.
“The current profile is not allowed” Xbox error, how to fix it?
Solution 1 – Make sure that you have Xbox Live Gold account
If you want to enjoy in online multiplayer, you need to register an Xbox Live Gold account. Signing up for Xbox Live Gold account is easy, and you can do it simply by visiting Xbox website. After you register Xbox Live account, the problem will be fixed and you should be able to enjoy in multiplayer without any problems. Keep in mind that you need to sign out of your account and log back in again in order to use Xbox Live Gold after you purchase it.
Solution 2 – Check if your Xbox Live Gold subscription is still active
Sometimes you might get The current profile is not allowed error if your Xbox Live Gold account is expired. To fix this issue, use any web browser to log in to your Xbox account and check the subscription section. If your subscription is expired, be sure to renew it in order to fix this problem.
If your Xbox Live Gold account was recently renewed, you’ll have to wait for 24 hours or more until Microsoft processes your transaction and renews your account. Some users are also suggesting to perform network test after reactivating your Xbox Live Gold account.
Solution 3 – Delete and download your profile again
Users reported that they fixed this error message simply by deleting their profile and downloading it again. To do that on Xbox 360, do the following:
- Go to Settings and select System.
- Navigate to Storage.
- If you don’t have external storage devices attached select Hard Drive. If you have additional devices connected, select All Devices.
- Select Profiles and choose the profile that you want to delete.
- Select Delete.
- Select Delete Profile Only option to delete your profile. This option will delete the profile while keeping all your saved games and achievements.
After deleting the profile, you need to add it again by following these steps:
- Press the Guide button on your controller.
- Select Download Profile option. If you don’t see this option it means that you’re signed in with a different profile currently, so be sure to sign out.
- Choose Download Profile.
- Enter your Microsoft account login information.
- Select the storage location for your profile.
- After the profile is downloaded, check if the problem is fixed.
- READ ALSO: Fix: Xbox error UI-122
To delete your account on Xbox One, do this:
- On the Home screen scroll left to open the Guide.
- Select Settings > All Settings.
- In the Account section select Remove accounts and choose your account.
To add download your account again, follow these steps:
- Open the Guide and choose Sign in > Add & manage.
- Select Add new and enter your login information.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
Solution 4 – Clear the Persistent storage
Persistent storage can sometimes cause certain errors on your Xbox such as The current profile is not allowed error. To fix this problem, you need to clear the Persistent storage by following these steps:
- Open the Guide and select Settings.
- Select All Settings > Disc and Blu-ray.
- Select Blu-ray > Pesistant Storage and choose Clear Persistent Storage.
Solution 5 – Clear the MAC address
Sometimes you can fix this error simply by clearing the MAC address. To do that, follow these instructions:
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select Network settings > Advanced settings > Alternative MAC address.
- Choose the Clear option.
- After clearing the MAC address, turn off your Xbox. Disconnect the power cable and wait for few minutes.
- Connect the power cable and turn on your Xbox again.
After doing that, check if the problem is resolved.
Solution 6 – Test the Xbox Live connection
According to users, you can fix this problem simply by testing your Xbox Live connection. To do that follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Network Settings.
- Select your network and choose Test Xbox LIVE connection option.
- After the process is completed, check if the problem is resolved.
The current profile is not allowed error can prevent you from playing Xbox games online, but we hope that you managed to fix the problem after using one of our solutions.
- Fix: Xbox error E68
- Fix: Xbox error when playing DVD
- Fix: Xbox error wrong region code
- Fix: Xbox error when redeeming codes
- Fix: Xbox error code 80072ef3
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]