Fix: Xbox error when redeeming codes
Xbox is one of the most popular gaming platforms in the world with millions of users worldwide. Unfortunately, you can can encounter certain errors on Xbox, and today we’re going to show you how to fix Xbox errors when redeeming codes.
Xbox error when redeeming codes, how to fix it?
Fix – Xbox error when redeeming codes
When redeeming Xbox codes you need to keep in mind that you won’t be able to do it if your Xbox subscription is suspended or if you have certain balance due on your account. If you have any of these issues, you need to resolve them first before you can redeem a code.
Solution 1 – Check if Purchase and Content Usage service is available
Users reported an error message while redeeming a prepaid code, and one way to fix it is to check and see if the Purchase and Content Usage service is running. You can do that by using any device that has Internet access. If this service isn’t running, you can only wait until Microsoft fixes this problem.
Solution 2 – Check if your redeem code is correct
If you’re getting an error while redeeming a code, be sure to check if your code is correct. If you’re certain that you entered the correct code, you can try logging in to your Microsoft account and entering your code from there.
Solution 3 – Check your membership type
Some users are getting an error message saying that the code can’t be redeemed under their current membership type. Keep in mind that certain offers are only valid for an Xbox Live Gold users, therefore if you don’t have Xbox Live Gold subscription, you’ll need to get it in order to use certain codes. To check your subscription type, you need to go to Settings > Account > Your Memberships on Xbox 360. On Xbox One this procedure is a bit more simpler and you can perform it by navigating to Settings > Account. You can also check your membership type on your PC or on any other device simply by logging in to your Microsoft account and navigating to Services & subscriptions section.
- READ ALSO: Fix: Xbox error code 80072ef3
Solution 4 – Check if the promo code is activated by the retailer
In order for promo codes to work, they need to be activated by the retailer. Sometimes there might be a delay with the activation by retailer thus causing error 801613fb to appear. To fix this issue you need to wait for 24 hours or more and try to redeem the code again. If the problem persists, contact the retailer and ask them if the code is activated.
Solution 5 – Check if the code isn’t already redeemed
Sometimes you can get error code SVC6004 while trying to redeem a code on your Xbox. This error usually means that the code is already redeemed, therefore you need to check if the code already used. If you’re using a prepaid code for Xbox subscription, you need to log in to your Microsoft account on any device and check Services & subscriptions section to see if the code is already redeemed. If it’s a prepaid code for a Microsoft gift card, be sure to check your order history for your Microsoft account and check if the code is added. Lastly, if it’s a prepaid code for game content, check your game library from your account to see if the code is added.
Solution 6 – Check if your subscription is suspended
If your subscription is suspended you won’t be able to redeem codes until you fix this problem. To do that, you need to update the payment information. You can do that by following these steps:
- Sign in to your Microsoft account and navigate to the Services & subscriptions page.
- Locate the suspended subscription.
- Select the blue question mark under Status and click Pay now link.
- Follow the instructions to complete the process.
You can also do this from your Xbox One console by following these steps:
- Go to Settings > Account > Subscriptions.
- Locate the suspended subscription and select it.
- Go to the Payment and billing section and select Pay now.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
Solution 7 – Be sure to use the prepaid code in the same region where you purchased it
If you’re getting error 80153022 while redeeming a prepaid code, you need to check if the code is being redeemed in the same region. Some codes can only be redeemed in certain regions, therefore if you purchase a certain prepaid code, you might not be able to use it in a different country, so keep that in mind. Users also reported error 8016a04b, and this error usually means that you’re trying to add a prepaid code that isn’t valid for your country or region.
Solution 8 – Delete and download your profile
Users reported error 801613c9 while redeeming codes on their Xbox. This error means that the code is already redeemed, and you can check if the code is redeemed by going to Settings > Account > Download History. If the promo code isn’t available in Download History, you need to delete your profile and download it again. To do that, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings and select System.
- Select Storage > All Devices.
- Select Gamer Profiles.
- Locate the profile that you want to delete and select Delete. Select Delete Profile Only. This will delete your profile while keeping your saved games and achievements intact.
After you delete your Xbox profile, you can download it by following these steps:
- Press the Guide button on your Xbox controller.
- Select the Download Profile option. If you don’t see this option available, be sure that you’re completely signed out of all Xbox accounts.
- Enter your Xbox account login information.
- Select the storage location for your profile and wait until your account is downloaded.
After downloading your profile again, check if the problem is resolved.
Solution 9 – Change the region on the Xbox website
Apparently errors with redeem codes can occur if you change your region on Xbox website. Few users reported that region on Xbox website changed automatically for them, but after changing it to their current location the issue was resolved and they were able to redeem codes without problems.
Errors while redeeming codes on Xbox can appear from time to time, but we hope that you managed to fix those errors by using one of our solutions.
- Fix: Gears of War 4 hitching issues on Xbox One
- Gears of War 4 needs cross-play between Xbox and Windows 10
- WWE 2K17 issues on Xbox One: low FPS rate, game freezes and more
- Fix: Xbox error when signing in
- VLC Media Player comes to Windows Store for Xbox One