Register your Xbox One X warranty to benefit from free repairs
The launch of the new Xbox One X has created a lot of buzz among gamers. Everybody wants to test the new console and share their results with the world.
Indeed, judging by gamers’ reports, Microsoft was right to call the Xbox One X “the most powerful gaming console in the world”.
If you purchased an Xbox One X console, don’t forget to registry its warranty on Microsoft’s official website. It’s easy to forget to do that when you’re eager to try out the new console, but it’s better to stay safe than sorry. In case you need to repair or replace your console, that warranty will come in handy.
Also, registering a console for warranty will save you from dealing with third-party services which can’t replace the console. This free warranty registration should save you the trouble and bring you the ease of mind in case something goes awry.
Register your Xbox One X warranty
Here are the steps to follow to register your product:
- Create a free Microsoft account. In order to register your new Xbox One X console, you need a free Microsoft account. For a step-by-step guide on how to do that, you can check out Microsoft’s Support page.
- Register your device at Device Support
- You cannot request service for your Xbox One X console if you haven’t first registered the product. Sign in to your Microsoft account, and go to ‘Register device’.
- You can find the controller serial number under the bar code inside the battery compartment. Once you’ve registered your console, you’ll also see its warranty status.
As long as the console is within warranty, repairs are free.
Xbox One X issues
Many Xbox One X owners already reported various issues, ranging from black screen issues to random shutdowns. In most cases, the solution offered by Microsoft’s support teams was a console replacement. Due to a sheer number of initially-released consoles, things like this are not as uncommon as one would expect. Albeit, these cases still can be isolated, considering the fact that the sales doubled in late 2017 and we’re talking about thousands of platforms distributed to customers.
As you can see, it’s better to be safe and be able to have your console repaired or replaced, than sorry.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in November 2017 and has been since completely revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft offers free Xbox One X tool for testing HDR, 4K and more
- Xbox One X will soon get HDR10+ support via a firmware update
- FIX: Xbox One X won’t connect to Xbox Live
Although upgrading to Windows 10 might not seem like a hard task to complete, many users reported issues through the process. Windows 10 error 0x800700d […]
Windows 10 error 0x87af000b usually affects the Microsoft Store. This annoying error occurs more frequently than you might think. Whenever users try to download an […]
The error code 0xa00f4271 issue first arose after the Windows 10 Anniversary Update in 2016. Then users posted on Microsoft forums about a Something Went […]