- Xbox One X takes it up a notch when compared to previous Xbox versious providing gamers with a genuine 4K play experience.
- While it has a number of advantages, users have reported annoying bugs in connection to the console. One particular issue is that sometimes, for no apparent reason, the Xbox One X simply won't turn back on after shutting down.
- If you are having this problem as well, check out our article below to find out what other members of the Xbox community tried and what worked for them. Are other issues threatening your console? Go ahead and dig into our Xbox One issues page to get all the answers you need.
- Feel free to explore the right fixes for your specific issue in our Xbox troubleshooting hub as well.
Microsoft proudly says that the Xbox One X is the most powerful gaming console in the world.
However, many players have already encountered a series of annoying bugs with the console, such as black screen issues and a console that shuts down and doesn’t turn back on.
Unfortunately, for the time being, there is no clear solution to some of these problems.
I got the Project Scorpio Edition at midnight. Hooked it up the next morning and installed all my games and what not. Next day I started playing and after a couple hours, POOF it spontaneously shut down and wouldn’t turn back on. I was pretty distraught […]
What to do when your Xbox One X doesn’t turn on?
Luckily, the post confirmed that replacing the power cable fixed the problem, making it seem like the power cord is too fragile to handle the amperage required by the console.
It was said that the default cable included with the console is rated at 7 amps and 125 volts, while the replacement cable is rated 10 amps and 125 volts.
In other words, any cable rated 7 amps or more and at least 125 volts should fix the problem.
So I decided to at least try to fix it before sending it away. […] picked up a used universal power cable, the Nyko one that’s branded for Sony consoles […] Sure enough, swap the cable out and it powers right up. Tried the original cable one more time just to be sure and it seems to be a fried power cable being the issue as the original still did not work but the replacement one does.
So, if you don’t want to sacrifice your Scorpio Edition or wait weeks possibly to return it / repair it, go buy a new power cable and give that a shot.
Many Xbox One X owners who encountered the same issue confirmed that swapping the power cable fixed the problem. Keep in mind that by using a third-party power cable, you risk voiding your warranty, so proceed at your own risk.
If you’re experiencing this problem, you can buy the Nyko universal power cord from Amazon.
Do you know any other methods to solve the Xbox One X not turning on issue?
Feel free to share your solution with all members of the Windows community through the comments section below.
FAQ: Learn more about Xbox One X
- What is a Xbox X?
- Why is my Xbox One X not working?
Troubleshooting steps are similar to those that apply to a standard Xbox One: check that the HDMI cable is connected to the out to TV port of the console and perform a hard reset. You can also try to reset your display settings.
- What is the difference between Xbox One S and X?
While maintaining all Xbox One S capabilities, the Xbox One X brings more storage space (1TB), more RAM, improved graphics, and a genuine 4K gaming experience.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in March 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in March 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.