What to do if Xbox is unable to find mic [EXPERT FIX]
Xbox users have encountered different problems and one of them is the inability for Xbox to find the microphone. This can be a big problem, but we’re going to show you how to fix this issue in today’s article.
What can I do if Xbox is unable to find my mic? First off, make sure that your microphone is actually working. If the problem persists, try adjusting your settings and switch to Energy Saving mode. If that doesn’t work, try restarting your Xbox One.
Try these solutions if Xbox One mic is not working
- Check your microphone
- Check Xbox Settings
- Turn off your Xbox
- Check Headphone in another Device
- Select Energy Savings in Settings
- General Settings
1. Check your microphone
One method that worked for many users was checking their microphone. The system has to confirm that the controller you are using is active. You can create a connection between your profile and the controller manually. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to Xbox One Home and select Sign in.
- Select the Choose this person option.
- Once you select the desired profile, check if your mic is working fine.
2. Check Xbox Settings
If Xbox is unable to find your microphone, perhaps the issue is related to your settings. You can fix that by doing the following:
- Press on the Xbox button on your controller.
- Then, go to Settings and select All Settings from the options listed.
- Now, choose Adult defaults and click on View details and customize.
- Also, check if everybody is chosen as an option in the communication with voice and text.
- Check if your mic is working perfectly.
3. Turn off your Xbox
The act of turning off your Xbox device and turning it back on is known as power cycling and it might help if Xbox can’t find your microphone.
- Hold press the Xbox button on your controller for some time, this will turn your controller off without having to remove the headphones.
- Press the Xbox button on Xbox One, this will turn it off.
- Remove the power cable of the Xbox one and leave it for 5-8 minutes.
- Place the cable back and turn on Xbox. See if your mic is functioning properly.
4. Check headphones on another Device
Sometimes you have to find out if the problem is hardware-related. If your Xbox can’t recognize your microphone, try the following:
- Plug the controller to another device and check if the voice is registered while using the mic.
- If the mic is registered, plug it back to its original device and if see if it works.
5. Select Energy Saving in Settings
There are two power options in Xbox settings, the Energy Saving and the Instant On. The energy saving takes less power and it can help you if Xbox can’t detect your microphone. Here are steps to turn on energy saving.
- Go to Xbox One Settings.
- Then, go to the Power and startup option.
- Now, in the Power option, highlight power mode and select Energy Saving.
- Save every change and exit.
6. General Settings
If you have tried the methods above and your mic isn’t still working, try these tips and see if the mic works.
Ensure that you are using a headset that is compatible with Xbox and check if all the cables are plugged in correctly. Confirm that the headset is not set on mute.
- Go to headphone settings to change the headset format from Headset audio to Windows Sonic.
- Then, ensure that the headset is in the right condition.
- Adjust the game sound. If the sound is 100% for the game, you will only hear the game sound and not the chats.
- Change the battery of your controller.
- Also, turn off Virtual Surround in apps.
- Disconnect the headset and plug it back in after some time.
- Go to Settings >Device and Accessories in the group of options to increase the audio.
- Ensure that Xbox is updated to the latest version.
There you go, these are six solutions that might help you if your Xbox is unable to find the microphone. If you found our solutions helpful, let us know in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Xbox One Multiplayer won’t work
- Here’s how to fix slow performance on Xbox Live
- Fix: Xbox One error code 0x807a1007
Nvidia GeForce Experience is a useful application, but many users reported error code 0x0001 while using Nvidia GeForce Experience. Today we’ll take a look at […]
IPad owners where left frustrated after Skype dropped support for earlier versions of iOS. When trying to install Skype on their iPads, an error message […]
Many Windows 10 users reported not being able to run WebGL supported websites. Error message WebGL is not supported pops up disallowing 2D and 3D […]