Using your Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 device on a daily basis, whether we are talking about business purpose or only for your own entertainment, implies in certain risks, which are mainly related to virus or malware infection. A malware infection can become quite annoying and dangerous as your access might be restricted and also you might lose your data, or someone else might access your private files.
The same might happen when noticing the ‘Your Browser has been Locked’ error. First you might think that this is a system alert caused by your Windows 8 system, though things are more complicated than that. So, if you are prompted with the mentioned message, it means that your Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 device is dealing with a malware. Therefore, you have to act quickly in order to remove all your infected files and for being able to protect your device along with your personal data, info and accounts.
Anyway, the most important thing is not to panic; you should be aware that you must remove the ‘Your Browser has been Locked’ malware and also you shouldn’t download any king of software that is recommended by the virus. Furthermore, don’t pay anything even if FBI or other governmental institution is prompting you to take action in order to restore your computer. This is a scam and you shouldn’t spend your money in vain.
Good; now that we have cleared out what is with the ‘Your Browser has been Locked’ issue, which by the way can be displayed on Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla or on any other web browsing client, you need to learn how to remove the same – check the guidelines from below in that matter and for obtaining further info.
How to Fix ‘Your Browser has been Locked’ issue in Windows 8, 8.1
- First of all, run Task Manager on your Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 device (you can launch Task Manager by using the “Ctrl + Alt + Del” sequence of keyboard keys).
- From Task Manager navigate through Processes tab.
- From the bottom of the window select “Show processes for all users”.
- Now end all your processes that are related to your infected web browser.
- At this point your web browser window will be closed, so you can now remove the malware.
- First, on your computer download the free distributed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware tool – you can get it from here.
- Install the antimalware software on your computer by following the on-screen prompts.
- From the main window of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware select “perform full scan” and the click on Scan.
- Do note that the scan process might take a couple of minutes so be patience and don’t end the scan sequence.
- In the end select the “show results” option; select all the infected files and click on “Remove Selected”.
- In the end, reboot your device and launch the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once more; this time choose the “quick scan” option and check if you have removed the ‘Your Browser has been Locked’ from your Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 machine.
For the future, for preventing these situations, make sure that your device is being protected against malware and virus infection. In that matter use strong and up-to-date antivirus and antimalware programs that offer real time web browsing protection. If you have further or similar problems on your Windows based device, don’t hesitate and use the comments field from below for talking with us. Of course we will assist you as soon as possible with compatible troubleshoot solutions, just like the above described one.