Fix: “Your Device Will Be Genuine Shortly” Error On Windows 10
As you know, Windows 10 is a free upgrade to Windows 7 and Windows 8, but sometimes it might be bit hard to activate Windows 10, and you might get “your device will be genuine shortly” message while trying to activate your copy of Windows 10. Fortunately, there are a few things that you do in order to fix this issue.
Users report that they are getting stuck while trying to activate Windows 10, and they are left with a message saying “your device will be genuine shortly”. According to users waiting doesn’t help and message will stand there for more than an hour. So what can you do to fix that?
Stuck At Your Device Will Be Genuine Shortly Message? Here’s What You Need To Do
Solution 1 – Run slui 4 command from Command Prompt
- Open Command Prompt as administrator. To do this type Command Prompt in the Search bar and right click Command Prompt from list of results and choose Run as administrator.
- When Command Prompt starts type the following and press Enter to run it:
- Try to activate Windows 10. If it doesn’t work go to the next solution.
Solution 2 – Rollback to previous version and try upgrading again
To revert to the older version you need to do the following:
- Open Settings.
- Go to Updates and Security and choose Recovery.
After you’ve reverted to the previous version of Windows make sure that you can view hidden files and folders. To make sure that hidden files and folders are visible do the following:
- Open Control Panel > File Explorer Options.
- Choose View and make sure that the Show hidden files is checked.
- Click Apply to save the changes.
In order to Setup Windows 10 again do the following:
- Navigate to the following folder:
- Find Setup. Right click it and choose Run as Administrator.
Before upgrading to Windows 10 make sure that you have all antivirus software uninstalled in order to avoid potential errors. In addition make sure that you disable all non-Microsoft services.
Here’s how to do that:
- Press Windows Key + R and type msconfig. Press OK to execute to open it.
- Go to Startup and Services tabs and make sure that you check Hide all Microsoft Services. Once again, it’s crucial that you check Hide all Microsoft services in both Startup and Services tab before moving to Step 3.
- Now uncheck all the services and click Apply to save changes.
- Restart your computer and try to upgrade to Windows 10 again.
That’s about it, we hope this article helped you with the “your device will be genuine shortly” error message. If you have any comments, or questions, just reach for the comments below.
What Android emulator is the best for my Windows PC? Bluestacks MeMu Nox Remix OS Player Droid4X AMIDuOS Windroy Genymotion Xamarin Android Player Andy We’re […]
Recently, a security researcher @SandboxEscaper disclosed in a tweet which has been deleted (the account also has been removed), that the task scheduler is vulnerable […]
Microsoft may be developing a new wireless charging system called “Ultrafast’” for its devices, if a newly discovered patent gets approved for mass production. This […]