- To fix the problem: Your organization is switching to Edge, you can disable Internet Explorer's ability to open Microsoft Edge for incompatible sites.
- But, to get rid of the problem entirely, you will need to get rid of the organization's control over your browsers.
- To resolve Edge managed by an organization, you will need to change something on Windows that you will find in this article.
Have you seen the message your organization is switching to Microsoft Edge on your PC? This article has an explanation and a solution.
The problem we are focusing on may appear on any type of Windows computer, including the personal computers if these are under the same organization domain or if there is something wrong.
For some users, the error message may appear randomly while using their PC, even if the Microsoft Edge is not opened. It happens because the Microsoft edge process is active in the background. So, you may want to stop MS Edge from opening on Startup.
However, this issue may be related to another problem: Your browser is managed by your organization. If you want to get rid of your organization is switching to Edge popup, you will need to get rid of the organization control entirely.
If you try to do so, you may end up encountering the following messages:
Microsoft edge updates are managed by your organization.
This setting is managed by your organization.
You may know that this problem is similar to another error: Some settings are managed by your organization. But, the solutions are different.
Why does it say my browser is managed by your organization?
It mostly happens when a third-party software or organization interferes with your web browser.
You can go to edge://management using the Edge address bar to see if your browser is managed by something or not.
If it is an office PC, it is normal as computers under the same domain are controlled by the IT department of that organization.
Fortunately, you can easily resolve this issue by yourself and gain full control of your browser, notably the Microsoft Edge.
There are several methods to do it. You can find them in the next part of this post.
Switching to a different browser might help you remove this issue. The notifications appear when using IE, Firefox, or Chrome, so we suggest you try a reputable alternative like Opera.
It’s one of the leading browsers, with a complete set of features that will make the transition smooth. It offers solutions for private browsing, bookmarking, customized setups, tons of extensions, and more.
How do I get rid of Edge managed by an organization?
1. Modify Internet Explorer compatibility on Edge [Quick Fix]
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Click on three horizontal dots and go to its Settings.
- Click on the Default browser from the left sidebar and Set Let Internet Explorer open sites in Microsoft Edge to Never.
It will fix your organization is switching to the Edge popup issue. However, for the real solution, follow the other methods.
2. Correct your security programs settings
- Open your Antivirus program.
- Go to its Firewall or any similar settings.
- Find the Activate browser extensions and uncheck and save it.
Different antivirus programs have different options. You will need to figure it out by yourself.
3. Uninstall the security program
- Press Win + I on the keyboard to open Windows Settings.
- Go to Apps and click on Apps & features.
- Find your AV program there.
- Click on the three vertical dots and click on Uninstall.
Apply this method if you cannot figure out what to change on your security program settings.
4. Modify Windows Registry
- Open the Start Menu, type regedit, and hit enter to Open Windows Registry Editor.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- Then expand Software.
- Go to Policies.
- Navigate to Microsoft.
- Right-click on Edge and Export it for backup.
- Now, right-click on it again and choose Delete.
- Restart your computer.
It will solve the problem Edge is managed by an organization.
What if the problem still annoys you randomly by showing the unwanted popup? In this case, you may consider disabling the Microsoft Edge and start using a different browser.
If you know any other methods that can help, please feel free to let us know in the comment box.