- Youtube has a built-in Dark Theme that can change its background to a dark one.
- The Dark Mode Theme is available for all users, on PC and smartphones.
- You can turn on Dark Mode on YouTube from your web browser in just a few clicks.
Watching YouTube videos can be extremely fun, especially when it is something that you are passionate about.
However, you are still staring at a screen for hours, and that can’t be too good for your eyes. This is why it is recommended to use dark themes on your PC or smartphone.
Does Youtube have a Dark Mode?
YouTube implemented a Dark Mode a while ago so that users can enjoy their content for more. Youtube’s Dark Mode will make viewing videos more relaxing for the eyes.
The Dark Mode theme is available on the YouTube website and on YouTube’s mobile apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android.
However, accessing YouTube’s Dark Mode isn’t displayed in plain sight. That is why we’ve decided to create this step-by-step guide that will show you exactly how to make Youtube Dark Mode.
How can I turn on Dark Mode on Youtube?
1. Enable Dark Mode from the web browser
1. Open YouTube on your web browser.
2. Click on your profile icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Navigate to Appearance: Device theme and click on it.
4. Choose Dark Theme from the list of options.
5. The Dark Theme is now applied on your YouTube. If you want to change it back, simply choose the Light theme from the previous menu.
YouTube allows you to easily change its theme to Dark Mode via its built-in Settings. This method works the same way regardless of what web browser you are using.
Keep in mind that his method works even if you are not signed into YouTube. Just press the 3 dots next to the Sign-in button, and the Dark mode option will be there as well.
Additionally, this change will be saved to that particular browser only, and will not sync over to other browsers where you are logged in with the same Google account.
There is also the option of enabling total dark mode for all the content you visit using a particular browser. However, this method varies based on the browser.
2. Use a browser extension
There are plenty of dedicated browser extensions that will add a dark mode to your browsers, either just for YouTube or for browsing any type of content.
2.1 Best dark mode extensions for Google Chrome
2.2 Best dark mode extensions for Mozilla Firefox
2.3 Best dark mode extension for Microsoft Edge
These extensions have proven themselves to be the best of their kind for their respective browsers.
That being said, you should go ahead and try them out. Not only will they simplify the process of changing to dark mode on YouTube, but some will even bring some extra features as well.
Did you find this article useful? Did you manage to turn on Dark Mode on YouTube? Let us know in the comment section below.