Fix: Microsoft Flight Simulator X Windows 10 Problems
Microsoft Flight Simulator X is the most popular flight simulation game on Windows. This game was released almost 10 years ago, so some issues with it are expected. Speaking of Microsoft Flight Simulator X, today we will cover some of the most common issues that this game has on Windows 10.
It has been reported that this game canât be installed on Windows 10 computers and that there are issues with black screen, along with other visual problems, so letâs try to fix some of these issues. Before we start, make sure that all your drivers are up to date, because updating your drivers fixes some of the issues with this game.
We recommendÂ this third-party toolÂ (100% safe and tested by us) to automatically download all the outdated drivers on your PC. In addition, make sure that your Windows 10 is up to date, as well.
Microsoft Flight Simulator X And Common Windows 10 Problems
Solution 1 – Use Software Licensing System Reset Tool
Users are complaining that they canât even install Microsoft Flight Simulator X on their computer. According to them, when they try to install the game they get Error 1722 or fatal Error 1603. This can be a big problem, but fortunately there is a solution available:
- Download Software Licensing System Reset Tool from here.
- Make sure that you save file to your Desktop.
- After the download is complete go to your Desktop and run MSKB928080.exe.
- Accept the license agreement by clicking Yes.
- Extract the files to C:\MicrosoftKB928080 folder.
- Start Command Prompt as administrator. To do that in the Search bar type Command Prompt and from the list of results right click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
- When Command Prompt starts type the following lines and after each line press Enter to run it:
- cd C:\
- cd MicrosoftKB928080
- resetsldl -All
- After doing that close Command Prompt and try installing the game again.
Solution 2 – Use hidden Administrator account to install the game
If you canât install Microsoft Flight Simulator X maybe you should try using the hidden administrator account to install it.Â First letâs see how to enable administrator account:
- In the Search bar type Command Prompt and right click Command Prompt from the list of results. Choose Run as administrator and you should start Command Prompt with administrator privileges.
- In Command Prompt type the following and press Enter to run it:
- net user administrator /active:yes
- Now log out of your current account and switch to the newly enabled Administrator account.
- When you log in to the Administrator account try to install Flight Simulator X.
- After the game installs you can switch back to your regular account, start Command Prompt like we explained in Step 1 and enter the following command to disable administrator account:
- net user administrator /active:no
Solution 3 – Turn on the Anti-Aliasing option
Users claim that enabling Anti-Aliasing option fixes some of the graphical issues in Flight Simulator X, so letâs try that:
- Go to the Settings tab on Flight Simulator X home page.
- Click the Customize buttonÂ at the bottom.
- Check the Anti-Aliasing option and save the changes.
Solution 4 – Run Microsoft Flight Simulator X in compatibility mode
If you canât run Flight Simulator X on Windows 10 maybe you should try running it in compatibility mode for Windows 8 or another previous Windows version. To do that, follow these simple instructions:
- Find the Flight Simulator X shortcut and right click it.
- Choose Properties and go to Compatibility tab.
- Check Run this program in compatibility mode for and choose Windows 8 from the menu.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes and try running the game again.
Solution 5 – Verify the integrity of game cache on Steam
This solution applies to the Steam version of Flight Simulator X, and if you have the Steam version installed follow these instructions:
- Start Steam and log in to your account.
- Go to the Library tab and locate Flight Simulator X.
- Right click it and choose Properties.
- When Properties window opens go to Local tab.
- Click the Verify integrity of game cache button.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- When Steam finishes verification of your game files, restart Steam and try running Flight Simulator X again.
Solution 6 – Reinstall DirectX 9
Microsoft Flight Simulator X requires DirectX 9 in order to run, so make sure that you download it and install it from here.
Solution 7 – Run Flight Simulator X in borderless window mode
Some users claim that running Flight Simulator X in window mode fixes certain video issues, so letâs try running the game in windowed mode.Â To switch to windowed mode just press Alt + Enter while running the game and it should switch to borderless window mode.
Solution 8 – Reinstall Flight Simulator X on Steam
- Sign out of Steam.
- Go to the C:\Program files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\FSX\ and delete the FSX folder, or just move it to a different location.
- Now open Steam and go to your Library.
- Find Flight Simulator X and right click it.
- Choose Properties and go to the Local tab.
- Click Verify Integrity of Games Cache. This will redownload and reinstall Flight Simulator X on your computer.
Solution 9 – Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Packages
Flight Simulator X requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Packages in order to run properly, and fortunately for you, these packages are located in the game installation directory.
We have to mention that you need to install these packages on the same hard drive where Flight Simulator X is installed. For example, if you have Steam installed on C hard drive, install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Packages on C drive as well. To install Visual C packages do the following:
- Go to [your drive]\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2005 folder.
- You should find vcredist_x64.exe and vcredist_x86.exe files in it.
- Install both files.
- After you have installed both files restart your computer and try running Flight Simulator X again.
Solution 10 – Check Preview DirectX 10
If you are experiencing graphical issues such as buggy aircraft preview and black screen issues you might want to try the following steps:
- Go to Settings > Display Settings.
- Choose Customize > Graphic Tab and check Preview DirectX 10.
- Now try running the game again.
Solution 11 – Move uiautomationcore.dll to the game directory folder
- Download uiautomationcore.dll from here.
- Open the .zip file and move the uiautomationcore.dll to the game installation directory. If youâre not using Steam version of the game the default directory should be /program files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator X/.
If you still have issues with one of your .dlls,Â we recommend you to download this tool to fix various PC problems, such as missing or corrupted .dlls, Â file loss, malware and hardware failure.
That would be all. We hope this article helped you to solve your problems with Flight Simulator X in Windows 10. If you have any comments, or questions, just reach the comments section, below.