Star Wars fever is still present! And while some people have yet to see the movie, some of them are enjoying in various interesting merchandise, but some people decided to go old school, and play one of the most popular Star Wars games ever, Star Wars Battlefront 2, again.
But Battlefront 2 was released in 2005, and Microsoft released a couple versions of Windows since then. So in this article, we’re going to talk about what to do, if Star Wars Battlefront 2 doesn’t work in the latest version of Windows, Windows 10.
How to Make Star Wars Battlefront 2 Work in Windows 10
Solution 1 – Enable Stereo Mix
A lot of users who encountered an issue with Star Wars Battlefront 2 in Windows 10 said that enabling Stereo Mix will fix the problem. Here’s what you need to do to enable Stereo Mix on Windows 10:
- Right-click on Speaker icon in the taskbar
- Open Recording Devices
- Right-click on the empty space, and choose Show Hidden devices
- Stereo Mix will show up, so just right click on it, and choose Enable
- If you’re not able to turn on the Stereo Mix, you’re probably missing a driver, so head to Device Manager, and see if your audio drivers are missing
After enabling Stereo Mix, go and try to open Star Wars Battlefront 2, it should work fine now. But if it doesn’t, try running the game in the compatibility mode.
Solution 2 – Run the game in the compatibility mode
To run Star Wars Battlefront 2 in the compatibility mode, do the following:
- Open Star Wars Battlefront 2 folder (if you’re using it through Steam, it should be C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars Battlefront 2)
- Right-click on the Start Wars Battlefront 2 icon, and choose Properties
- Head to Compatibility tab, under Compatibility mode, check Run this program in compatibility mode for: and choose Windows 7 from the dropdown menu
- Click OK
That’s about it, I hope this article helped you to solve the problem, and that you’re now able to play your favorite Star Wars game on your Windows 10 computer. If you have any comments, questions, or maybe some solution for this problem that I didn’t find, feel free to leave it in the comments below.