If you still didn’t download your free copy of Windows 10 you definitely should do it now! I hope that download will be smooth, but just in case I’m going to show you the solution for one of the most common errors which appears while Windows 10 update is downloading, the Error 80072EE2.
Solution 1 – Windows Update Troubleshooter
Probably the simplest solution for this problem is running the Windows Update Troubleshooter. But I’m not sure how effective it is, so if it doesn’t solve the problem, go and try some other solutions listed below.
Here’s how to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter:
- Go to Search, type troubleshoot and open Troubleshooter
- Click on Fix problems with Windows Update under System and Security
- Wait for the wizard to complete the check and see if the problem is resolved
Solution 2 – Delete Software Distribution folder
Probably the best solution, and the solution that proved to be the most effective for the error 80072EE2 is deleting Software Distribution folder. So, here’s how to delete it safely:
- Go to C:WindowsSoftwareDistributionDownload folder and delete everything in it
- Now right click on the Start Menu button and open Command Prompt (Admin)
- Enter the following command and press Enter: exe/updatenow
- Go to Windows Update and check if the problem is solved
If you’re still having issues on your PC or you simply want to avoid them for the future, we recommend you to download this tool (100% safe and tested by us) to fix various PC problems, such as file loss, malware and hardware failure.
Solution 3 – Manually reset Windows Update components
If none of above solutions helped you to solve the error 80072EE2 problem, you can try to reset Windows Update components manually. You can find the instructions for that on this Microsoft’s page. But I have to tell you that it’s a complicated process, so if you’re not sure what you’re doing, you should ask someone else for help. Also, don’t download fixing tools from that page, because they work on Windows 7 and Windows 8 only.
That would be all, I hope at least one of these solutions helped you to solve the error 80072EE2.
If you have any other Windows 10-related issues you can check for the solution in our Windows 10 Fix section.
Read Also: Fix: Windows 10 is Stuck on Install