Fix: 0x8009002d error in Windows 10
Many users tend to use PIN code to lock their PC and to protect it from unauthorized access. PIN codes are great since they are easy to remember, but users reported 0x8009002d error while trying to sign in to Windows 10 using a PIN code.
Here are some more examples of this problem:
- Windows 10 PIN error 0x80070032 – Error code 0x8009002d is one of the most common PIN-related issues in Windows 10.
- Windows 10 PIN something went wrong – If you’re unable to login with your PIN, you’ll either receive this error message, or error code 0x8009002d.
- Windows 10 add PIN does nothing – If you’re unable to do anything on the login screen, you can apply some of the solutions listed below.
- Windows 10 PIN login not showing – If the PIN login screen doesn’t show, just log in with your password, and apply the solutions listed below.
- Something went wrong code 0x8009002d restart your device to see if that fixes the problem – Yet another common PIN login-related issue.
How to fix 0x8009002d error in Windows 10?
Table of contents:
- Restart your PC
- Turn off Sleep mode and reset your PIN
- Remove your PIN
- Use I forgot my PIN option
- Delete everything from NGC folder
- Use Find my phone feature
- Turn off cellular data on your phone
Fix: 0x8009002d PIN error in Windows 10
Solution 1 – Restart your PC
This isn’t a permanent solution, but it’s a working workaround according to the users. Users reported that restarting your computer fixes this error, but you’ll have to restart your computer every time this error appears. This might not be the most practical solution, but it should allow you to log in to Windows 10.
Solution 2 – Turn off Sleep mode and reset your PIN
Sleep mode is useful if you want to save your current work and temporarily turn off your computer. All your opened applications will be available once you turn it on so you can easily continue where you left off. Sleep mode is great if you want to preserve power, but it seems that Sleep mode might be responsible for 0x8009002d error on Windows 10, and many users are suggesting that you turn it off. To turn off Sleep mode do the following:
- Press Windows Key + S and enter power options. Select Power Options from the list of results.
- Find your currently selected plan and click the Change plan settings.
- Set Put the computer to sleep to Never and click Save changes.
Now you need to reset your PIN by following these steps:
- Open the Settings app and go to Accounts > Sign-in options.
- Locate the PIN section and click the Remove button.
- The PIN section will change asking you if you’re sure that you want to remove your PIN. Click the Remove button to confirm your decision.
- Enter your account password to verify your account and click OK. After clicking OK the PIN should be removed.
- Click Add button in the PIN section to add a new PIN.
- Enter your new PIN twice and click the OK button to confirm it.
Solution 3 – Remove your PIN
Using a PIN code to sign in is great if you want to protect your PC but you don’t want to memorize a long password and enter it every time you want to sign in to Windows 10 or use a certain application. Since users reported that PIN code can cause these types of errors, many of them suggested that you remove the PIN code and use a standard password instead. Using a standard password isn’t the best solution, but it’s a decent workaround until you find a permanent solution. To see how to remove your PIN check the steps 1 – 4 from the previous solution.
Solution 4 – Use I forgot my PIN option
According to users, you can fix this problem by using the I forgot my PIN option. To see forgotten PIN, do the following:
- Open Settings app and go to Accounts > Sign-in options.
- Locate the PIN section and click the I forgot my PIN option.
- Click the Continue button.
- Enter your account password and click Sign in.
- Now enter your new PIN code and click the OK button to save it.
Solution 5 – Delete everything from NGC folder
Few users reported that you can fix this error by deleting all files from the NGC folder. Before deleting the files, you need to use I forgot my PIN option to reset your PIN. However, when you’re asked to enter the new PIN code click the Cancel button. Now navigate to the C:WindowsServiceProfilesLocalServiceAppDataLocalMicrosoftNGC folder and delete everything from it. After deleting all files from NGC folder add a new PIN and check if the problem is fixed.
Solution 6 – Use Find my phone feature
Error 0x8009002d affects both Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile, and if you’re getting this error on your phone you can fix it by using Find my phone feature. To do that, do the following:
- Log in to your Microsoft account.
- Go to Find my phone section and choose the Lock option.
- Enter your PIN code.
- After entering your PIN code your phone will turn off. Turn on your phone and enter the PIN code.
Solution 7 – Turn off cellular data on your phone
Users reported that 0x8009002d error appears on their Windows 10 phone while cellular data is turned on, so if you’re having this problem disabling cellular data temporarily might be a good workaround.
Error 0x8009002d affects both Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile, and if you’re experiencing this problem make sure that you check all of our solutions.
If you’re still having issues on your PC or you simply want to avoid them for the future, we recommend you to download this tool to fix various PC problems, such as file loss, malware and hardware failure. It will also optimize your PC for maximum performance.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in July 2016 and has been since completely revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: The Account is Not Authorized to Login From This Station
- Skip Login at Start of Windows 10 [How to]
- Fix: ‘Can’t sign in. The Windows Live ID or password you entered is not valid’ error on Windows 10
- Fix: Unable to Update Windows 10 Store Apps ‘0x80070005’ Error
- Fix: Error 0x803F7000 On Windows 10
Some users have reported incorrect name appearing in the Skype Business address book. This can become very frustrating, especially if your Skype address book has […]
The Windows 10 May 2019 Update is here but that doesn’t mean the Redmond giant stopped thinking about how to further improve the OS. A […]
Many Reddit users reported that the newest Windows 10 update causes problems for ICH6 and ICH9 QEMU/VIRTIO devices. Here’s how one user describes this problem: […]