Error 0x80D03805 is pervasive in the Windows 10 Store, usually taking place when users are attempting to download apps from the store during a Windows update. The 0x80d03805 error type can be related to corrupted files or even viruses plaguing your system. But luckily we have a few solutions for you, so let’s get started.
Here’s how users on Microsoft Answers forum described this issue:
Every time I attempt to download any apps/games/etc from the Microsoft store the app begins downloading but very shortly afterwards states: “Error: See Details”. If you click on “See Details” it states that something unexpected happened and gives the error code: 0x80D03805.
How can I fix Something unexpected happened 0x80d03805 error?
1. Clear Windows Cache
- From your Start Menu, open up the Command Prompt.
- Type in wsreset.exe and press Enter.
- Now you can sign-out or restart your machine.
2. Reset your Store
- From your Start Menu, open Settings.
- Now select Apps and Features and scroll down till you find the Microsoft Store.
- Select it and click on Advanced Options and select the Reset button.
- After you’re done, reset your machine.
3. Reset Windows Update Service
- Select Run from your Start Menu.
- Type in services.msc in the box, and press Enter.
- In the Services(Local) tab, click on Windows Update and select Restart.
- Restart your machine and attempt to reinstall the update.
4. Try to install updates in Safe Mode
- Firstly, boot your machine into Safe Mode from the Advanced startup options.
- After booting to Safe Mode, try to install the update again.
5. Run a malware scan
- Start your antivirus software. If you don’t have a third-party antivirus, you can use Windows Defender.
- Perform a quick or full scan. You might have to do both just to be sure.
- If you find any malware, remove it.
To ensure that your PC is completely safe from online threats, you should use reliable antivirus software such as Bitdefender.
We hope that these solutions were of help to you and that you managed to fix error 0x80D03805. If you found this article helpful, feel free to let us know in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to fix Windows 10 May Update error 0x80200056
- Quick solution to fix night light bugs on Windows 10 May 2019 Update
- Fix 0x8007007e Windows Update error like a PRO