- Some Windows 10 users complain that the 0x80D03805 error occurs when trying to download apps from the store during a Windows update.
- You should perform a full malware scan using a strong antivirus solution.
- In order to fix this issue, try to install updates in Safe Mode.
- Also, make sure you clear your Windows cache by following our steps below.
Error 0x80D03805 is pervasive in the Windows 10 Store, usually taking place when users are attempting to download apps from the store during a Windows update. The 0x80d03805 error type can be related to corrupted files or even viruses plaguing your system. But luckily we have a few solutions for you, so let’s get started.
Here’s how users on Microsoft Answers forum described this issue:
Every time I attempt to download any apps/games/etc from the Microsoft store the app begins downloading but very shortly afterwards states: “Error: See Details”. If you click on “See Details” it states that something unexpected happened and gives the error code: 0x80D03805.
How can I fix Something unexpected happened 0x80d03805 error?
1. Clear Windows Cache
- From your Start Menu, open up the Command Prompt.
- Type in wsreset.exe and press Enter.
- Now you can sign-out or restart your machine.
2. Reset your Store
- From your Start Menu, open Settings.
- Now select Apps and Features and scroll down till you find the Microsoft Store.
- Select it and click on Advanced Options and select the Reset button.
- After you’re done, reset your machine.
Resetting the Microsoft Store and clearing the cache might not be enough. A thorough system diagnosis and optimization can be the ideal solution and help your Windows OS in the long run.
Third-party software is compatible with Windows 10 that prevents, repairs, and restores compromised system settings is recommended when you’re dealing with the 0x80D03805 error.
3. Reset Windows Update Service
- Select Run from your Start Menu.
- Type in services.msc in the box, and press Enter.
- In the Services(Local) tab, click on Windows Update and select Restart.
- Restart your machine and attempt to reinstall the update.
4. Try to install updates in Safe Mode
- Firstly, boot your machine into Safe Mode from the Advanced startup options.
- After booting to Safe Mode, try to install the update again.
5. Run a malware scan
- Start your antivirus software. If you don’t have a third-party antivirus, you can use Windows Defender.
- Perform a quick or full scan. You might have to do both just to be sure.
- If you find any malware, remove it.
To ensure that your PC is completely safe from online threats, you should use reliable antivirus software. In this way, the program will constantly scan your computer for threats, detecting and removing software viruses and malware.
A professional antivirus solution can even detect when a legitimate app has been hijacked by a virus or track your online activity and stop you from visiting malicious websites.
To ensure that your PC is completely safe from online threats, you should use reliable antivirus software.
We hope that these solutions were of help to you and that you managed to fix error 0x80D03805. If you found this article helpful, feel free to let us know in the comments section below.