Installing Windows 8.1 update on a Windows 8 based device should be an easy thing to do as the firmware is free distributed and can be anytime downloaded from Windows Store. Anyway, in case you don’t know all the installation tricks you might end up in having important and annoying problems such as the following freeze message: ‘Next you’ll setup your account’.
So, in a few words, while applying the Windows 8.1 firmware you might experience a freeze error which will make you abort the update process. Basically the flashing process will stop once the ‘Next you’ll setup your account’ message is being displayed on your device. From that point you won’t be able to do anything else and rebooting your machine will restore the Windows 8 OS. In case you are dealing with such problem you should check the guidelines from below as I will try to explain you how to easily address the ‘Next you’ll setup your account’ Windows 8.1 installation issue.
Troubleshoot the Windows 8.1 Installation freeze within a minute or less
First of all you should know that this freeze problem that will make you abort the Windows 8.1 update process is referring to a network problem. When Microsoft will try to setup your account, the operation will enter in a loop stage and you won’t be able to complete the Windows 8.1 flashing procedure. Mainly the issue is caused when you don’t actually have a Live Microsoft account, thus you are using a local account instead.
But, the same problems has been recently reported even by users who are owning an official Microsoft account, so what it would appear as an isolated Windows 8.1 bug, now it is a general issue that is interfering with more and more users. So let’s see how to resolve this annoying and stressful issue by checking the steps from below.
- If you are getting the ‘Next you’ll setup your account’ Windows 8.1 installation freeze problem you will have to disconnect your network connection.
- You can go back a few screens (from the ‘Next you’ll setup your account’ window) and you can choose to disable all network connections.
- Also turn off your router and any other WiFi networks that might have access to your computer.
- Now your device will have to use your Local account.
- From the ‘Next you’ll setup your account’ freeze screen choose “cancel”.
- Enter your username and password when prompted.
- Click “next” and resume the Windows 8.1 installation process.
If you’re still having issues on your PC or you simply want to avoid them for the future, we recommend you to download this tool (100% safe and tested by us) to fix various PC problems, such as file loss, malware and hardware failure.
So, there you have it; now you know how to easily and quickly resolve the Windows 8.1 ‘Next you’ll setup your account’ installation freeze problem. Do share your experience and results with us and share your thoughts with our readers by using the comments field from below.