Managing the Windows 8 in built features and programs is easy as Microsoft developed an intuitive OS that can anytime be customized, optimized and personalized. But, for being able to tweak your Windows 8, 8.1 based device you first have to perform some basic operations and knowing how to enable / disable UAC is a must.
That’s why during the guidelines from below I will show you how to easily turn of or on the User Account Control feature from your Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 system.
As you know, the UAC (User Account Control) tool is used as a security software that can help you protect your data, programs and also the processes that are running on your Windows 8 device. If the UAC is enabled you can receive precious info related to the changes that are being performed on your computer. Basically the User Account Control notifies you when changes are going to be made to your computer that requires administrator-level permission.
Of course, this is a useful feature, but in some cases it might get quite frustrating an annoying. So, if you want to enable / disable the UAC feature on your Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 based device don’t hesitate and follow the guidelines from below.
How to Turn off / on UAC on Windows 8
- On your computer, go to your Home Screen.
- From there press on the Wind + X dedicated keyboard keys.
- Tools Menu will be displayed; from there head towards Control Panel.
- Within the Search box that is available on the Control Panel window type “UAC” and press enter.
- From the results choose Change User Account Control Settings.
- Up next you will be able to enable or disable UAC feature.
- Confirm the changes and save the same.
- In the end reboot your device and you are done.
So that’s how you can manage the User Account Control service on your Windows 8, 8.1 tablet, laptop or desktop. For similar tutorials check out our how to section where you can find relevant step by step guides compatible with your Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 devices.