When using Windows 10, 8, or Windows 8.1 is all about user accessibility and portability features. Because of that Microsoft designed an in built mail app that can offer you instant and real time access to your emails by keeping you signed in all the time.
While this email feature can be really useful as you can get in touch with everything that’s new and with the people that want to talk to you in real time, in some cases you might want to be able to log out from your Windows 10, 8 mail client. Well, logging out will be a tricky thing to do especially if you are an entry level user who is experiencing Windows 10, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 for the first time.
But why should you log out from your Microsoft account? Well, for example if more than one user is having access to a Windows 10, 8 device. In that case the user’s personal data, info and accounts will be available without any other restrictions, which means that anyone who has access to the proper laptop, tablet or desktop can read his emails and access the general account information. So, because of that, in order to protect and secure your data you might want to be able to log our from your Windows 10, 8 mail app.
How to Sign Out From Mail App on Windows 10
All you have to do for being able to protect your email account will be to remove (don’t worry it will be only temporarily) your Microsoft account. So, here are the steps to follow on Windows 8:
- Open your email client – it should be located right on your Home Screen.
- Good, then within your email window open settings by launching the Charm bar (while you are using the email app, swipe the mouse on the bottom right corner of your screen).
- From Charm bar choose settings and then pick Account Options.
- From that point you will be able to choose whether to stay logged in or to temporarily disable your Microsoft account. Of course you can sign in to your account once more by following the same procedure, so managing your personal emails will be quite easy.
If you want to log out from the Mail App on Windows 10, the steps to follow are quite similar, namely:
- Launch the Mail app > select the Settings icon
- Go to Manage Accounts to see the accounts added to the Mail app.
- Select the account that you want to sign out of.
- A new Account settings dialog will appear on the screen.
- Select Delete account — this will delete the respective account, signing you out of the Mail App.
- Hit the Delete button to confirm your choice.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Mail App is Not Working in Windows 10
- Windows 10 Mail app gets new Fluent Design density elements
- Fix: Your Account Settings Are Out of Date in Windows 10 Mail App
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in July 2014 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in July 2014 and was revamped and updated in January 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.