- Many users enjoy the portability features that Windows 10 and 8 provide, including the built-in email app.
- There are a lot of advantages to using the default email app, including instant access to your emails, but sometimes you need to log out.
- If you're an entry level user, logging out of the default email app can be a pretty difficult task.
- Below you can find an easy method to sign out from your mail app on Windows 10, 8.
When using Windows 10, 8, or Windows 8.1 is all about user accessibility and portability features.
Because of that, Microsoft designed an in built mail app that can offer you instant and real time access to your emails by keeping you signed in all the time.
While this email feature can be really useful as you can get in touch with everything that’s new, in some cases you might want to be able to log out from your Windows 10, 8 mail client.
Well, logging out will be a tricky thing to do, especially if you are an entry level user who is experiencing Windows 10, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 for the first time.
But why should you log out from your Microsoft account? For instance, if more than one user is having access to a Windows 10, 8 device.
In that case the user’s personal data, info and accounts will be available without any other restrictions.
This means that anyone who has access to the proper laptop, tablet or desktop can read his emails and access the general account information.
So, because of that, in order to protect and secure your data, you might want to be able to log our from your Windows 10, 8 mail app.
Discover below the simple way to log our from your default mail app in Windows 10 and 8.
How can I sign out from my mail app on Windows 10, 8?
- Open your email client – it should be located right on your home screen.
- Open the Settings by launching the Charms bar (while you are using the email app, swipe the mouse in the bottom right corner of your screen).
- From the Charms bar, select Settings, and then choose Account Options.
- From that point, you will be able to choose whether to stay logged in, or to temporarily disable your Microsoft account.
All you have to do for being able to protect your email account is to remove (don’t worry, it will be only temporarily) your Microsoft account. Just follow the above steps for Windows 8.
If you want to log out from the Mail App on Windows 10, the steps to follow are quite similar, namely:
- Launch the Mail app, and select the Settings icon.
- Go to Manage Accounts to see the accounts added to the Mail app.
- Select the account that you want to sign out of.
- A new Account settings dialog will appear on the screen.
- Select Delete account to delete the respective account, signing you out of the Mail App.
- Hit the Delete button to confirm your choice.
With this simple way, you get rid of the worries and log out of the default Windows email application. This ensures that you protect and secure your data from others who may have access to your device.
We hope that these recommendations from our list were helpful. For more suggestions or other questions, please access the comments section below.