How to add a scoreboard to a video
- In order to add a scoreboard to a video, you need a digital editing tool.
- In the Adobe suite, you will find just the right tool for this job.
- Even if you don't know how to add a scoreboard to a video, they include helpful tutorials to guide you.
- For maximum effects, you can combine the features in several Adobe software.
Many of you are looking for a software to build a scoreboard to a video they’ve recorded. It may be a simple home-made one, so a beginner-friendly tool is most likely welcomed in such a case.
However, professionals may have in mind scoreboards for soccer games or golf tournaments. Industry-standard tools would better do the trick for them, that’s for sure.
One case or another, a scoreboard added at the right time can add more clarity to your videos and make them way more interesting.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner or a professional in the fields of graphic design and video production.
The easiest, yet most efficient way to achieve your goal is to build a text animation template in After Effects and then make a few adjustments in Premiere.
Creating a great text animation template in After Effects is not a time-consuming task.
If you want to save time while working on your project, just follow the steps described below.
How can I add a scoreboard to my video?
1. Create and edit an After Effects composition
- First, download Adobe After Effects.
- Create an After Effects composition. (Use one or more text layers.)
- You may add animation or any other effects on the text layer.
- If there are some text layers that you don’t want to further edit in Premiere Pro, click the Lock icon. (The locked text layer is not editable in Premiere Pro but is still visible.)
- Save your After Effects project.
Adobe After EffectsA professional, yet easy way to add just about any effect to your videos to give them the sparkle they lack.
2. Combine Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects
- Download Adobe Premiere Pro for free.
- Then, click File > Import to import the text template.
- Load the composition in the Source Monitor.
- The After Effects Editable Text category is displayed in the Effect Controls panel in Premiere Pro. (Edit the source text items there.)
- Make sure the items appear in the content in Premiere Pro. (None of these changes ever affect the original material in After Effects.)
- The edited text gets sent from Premiere Pro to After Effects. (Note that the original text in After Effects is replaced.)
- In After Effects, make further adjustments to the text layer, if necessary.
- The text is rendered and then sent back to Premiere Pro.
- Finally, to import the text template, click File > Import to in Premiere Pro.
As you can see, adding a scoreboard to video software doesn’t have to be any more complicated than described above.
If you have further suggestion for software to add a scoreboard to your videos, feel free to use the comments section below.