- For video production, there are various software tools available ranging from advanced ones used by professionals to budget-friendly tools designed for newbies.
- If you’re looking to add a scoreboard to your video and don’t know which of these programs to use, we’ve got a great recommendation for you. Adobe After Effects is a top choice for quick professional work.
- Creating and editing an After Effects scoreboard is extremely intuitive, as described below. Editing the source text in Premiere Pro is your next step.
- When looking for more tips and tricks to ease your work, don’t hesitate to head over to our Tech Tutorials Hub. You won’t walk away disappointed.
There is a wide variety of software tools available for video production, so your questions about how to add a scoreboard to a video won’t remain unanswered.
Many of you are looking for a software to build a scoreboard to a video they’ve recorded. It may be a simple home-made one, so a beginner-friendly tool is most likely welcomed in such a case.
However, professionals may have in mind scoreboards for soccer games or golf tournaments. Industry-standard tools would better do the trick for them, that’s for sure.
One case or another, a scoreboard added at the right time can add more clarity to your videos and make them way more interesting. It doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner or a professional in the fields of graphic design and video production.
The easiest, yet most efficient way to achieve your goal is to build a text animation template in After Effects and then make a few adjustments in Premiere.
Creating a great text animation template in After Effects is not a time-consuming task. If you want to save time while working on your project, just follow the steps described below.
How can I add a scoreboard to my video?
1. Create and edit an After Effects composition
- Firstly, download Adobe After Effects free.
- Create an After Effects composition. Use one or more text layers.
- You may add animation or any other effects on the text layer.
- If there are some text layers that you don’t want to further edit in Premiere Pro, click the Lock icon. The locked text layer is not editable in Premiere Pro but is still visible.
- Save your After Effects project.
2. Continue work in both Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects
- Download Adobe Premiere Pro free.
- Then, click File > Import to import the text template.
- Load the composition in the Source Monitor.
- The After Effects Editable Text category is displayed in the Effect Controls panel in Premiere Pro. Edit the source text items there.
- Make sure the items appear in the content in Premiere Pro. None of these changes ever affect the original material in After Effects.
- The edited text gets sent from Premiere Pro to After Effects. Do note that the original text in After Effects is replaced.
- In After Effects, you may choose to make further adjustments to the text layer.
- The text is rendered and then sent back to Premiere Pro.
- Finally, to import the text template, click File > Import to in Premiere Pro.
As you can see, adding a scoreboard to video software doesn’t have to be any more complicated than described above. If you have any questions, feel free to use the comments section below.
FAQ: Learn more about adding a scoreboard to your videos
- How do you add a scoreboard to a video?
You need to build a text animation template in After Effects and then make a few adjustments in Premiere, as described in this guide on how to add a scoreboard to a video.
- How do you create a scoreboard?
Making a scoreboard isn’t at all difficult when using the right tools. Create an After Effects composition by using one or more text layers and edit the source text in Premiere Pro.
- What’s the best software to add a scoreboard?
Adobe After Effects is the very best software to use in that regard. You can’t go wrong with it when you’re after quick professional work.