Sometimes you might encounter certain error messages if the website you’re trying to visit isn’t added to your list of trusted sites. However, you can avoid these errors simply by adding the website to the trusted sites list.
In this article, we’ll show you how to properly add a website to the trusted sites list in Windows 10.
How can I add trusted sites in Windows 10?
1. Add trusted sites in Chrome
- Open Chrome and click the Menu button in the top right corner. Now select Settings from the menu.
- Scroll all the way down and click on Advanced.
- In the Network section click on Change proxy settings.
- Internet Properties window will now appear. Go to the Security tab and select Trusted sites. Now click the Sites button.
- Enter the URL of the website you wish to add and click the Add button.
- After you’re done, click on Close. Now click on Apply and OK buttons to save changes.
2. Add trusted sites in Firefox
- In Firefox, open the website you want to add to the trusted websites list.
- Click the Shield icon left of the address bar and uncheck Enhanced Tracking Protection.
- The website will now restart and it will be added to the trusted list.
3. Add trusted sites in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer
Note: Microsoft Edge by default doesn’t support trusted websites feature, but you can change trusted websites from Internet Explorer and that should affect Edge as well.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the Gear icon in the top right corner. Choose Internet Options from the menu.
- Now go to Security, select Trusted sites and click on Sites.
- Add the desired website and that’s it.
Alternatively, you can open the Internet Options window by doing the following:
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run window.
- Enter inetcpl.cpl and press Enter or click OK.
- Internet Properties window will now appear.
There you go, a quick and easy way to add trusted site in Windows 10. All browsers share Windows settings when it comes to Trusted websites, so be sure to use Internet Properties window to add them.
- 5 VPN software for UC browser: add an extra layer of protection
- How to create tab groups in Chrome browser
- How to fix website buttons not working in browsers