- AOE 4 may encounter errors due to connection issues. The error code C00T01R-1X is one of them.
- Users can check the AOE Server Status page for information about server maintenance.
- Do not hesitate to update the game to the latest version in order to solve the problem.
Age of Empires 4 is the fourth instalment of the Age of Empires game series. It is a real-time strategy video game with realistic environments that allows players to expand their empires.
However, Age of Empires 4 is not a perfect game. It develops issues and suffers from some bugs. The Age of Empires 4 error code: C00T01R-1X is one of the errors players report about the game.
Furthermore, games like the Age of Empires 4 are liable to encounter errors because the update process is continual. So, one or two bugs don’t make the game any less fun and enjoyable.
Also, you may encounter the Age of Empires 4 Error code: COOT01R-1X-13 52656C6903A8 stating that you are currently offline or not yet connected to Steam Xbox Live.
Nevertheless, the Age of Empires 4 error code C00T01R-1X can appear for various reasons. Network connection issues, game updates, etc., can affect how the game works and prompt error codes.
The error code C00T01R-1X entails many errors and difficulties users may encounter when playing Age of Empires 4. It indicates network connection issues with the game.
Furthermore, the error code C00T01R-1X may appear in many instances in the game. It may indicate that you are either offline or not yet connected to Steam Xbox Live. Also, it can mean No connection, can’t play online, or save progress.
Also, the error code may pop up if the game’s server is down, preventing users from accessing it.
We recommend you check the best VPNs for fixing lags and reducing ping in AOE 2.
1. Check your network connection
Your router may develop issues, and it may affect your connection. Hence, you can restart the router to help reset its connections and improve its performance.
Likewise, you can switch to a wireless connection if connected to a LAN network.
2. Update your game to the latest version
- Launch your Steam Client.
- Select the Library tab and right-click on the Age of Empires 4 game.
- Then choose Properties from the drop-down.
- Select the Updates option and select the Always Keep This Game Updated option.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
Enabling this feature will help you install updates automatically.
3. Use a VPN
- Go to ExpressVPN’s official website and download it on your PC.
- Open the app and select Choose location to see the available IP addresses.
- From the Recommended button, select your region.
- Enjoy using the ExpressVPN service.
ExpressVPN is a VPN service that is safe to use for solving packet loss. It helps you reduce ping, easily resolve ISP throttling, and lower latency to boost your gaming experience. It has a great split tunneling feature that allows you to which programs you can route your internet connection over the VPN server.
You can also get a secure and private connection by using the Smart location feature in the app that can recommend the quintessential location for you based on anonymous metrics such as download speed, latency, and distance.
Enjoy your gaming experience with high-speed connectivity and strong data protection with ExpressVPN.
4. Change to set time and date automatically
- Press Start on your computer.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Select the Time and Language option and navigate the Date and Time tab.
- Toggle on the Set Time Automatically option.
Ensuring that your time and date are correct can fix Age of Empires 4 Connection Lost: Error C00T01R-2x-01.
5. Check the AOE server status
The Age of Empires team initiates maintenance procedures for the game, and the servers are always down for the time being.
6. Allow Age of Empires 4 through Windows Firewall
- Press the Windows + I keys simultaneously to open the Settings app.
- Click on Update & Security, then select the Windows Security option from the left pane of the screen.
- Click the Virus & threat protection option.
- Scroll down and click on Manage ransomware protection.
- Click on Allow an app through Controlled folder access, then click the + Add an allowed app button and Browse all apps.
- Go to the game’s installation folder, select the RelicCardinal executable file and click Open.
For Windows users, check how to fix the Age of Empires 3 not working on your PC.
What are the Age of Empires system requirements?
Unlike other games, the minimum PC requirements to run the Age of Empire smoothly will permit almost any modern PC to run the game.
However, for a much better gaming experience, it might be better to meet the recommended specs as specified below.
|OS:||Windows 10 64bit or Windows 11 64bit||Windows 10 64bit or Windows 11 64bit|
|CPU:||Intel Core i5-6300U or AMD Ryzen 5 2400G | CPU with AVX support||3.6 GHz 6-core (Intel i5) or AMD Ryzen 5 1600 | CPU with AVX support|
|Memory:||8 GB RAM||16 GB RAM|
|Graphics:||Intel HD 520 or AMD Radeon RX Vega 11||Nvidia GeForce 970 GPU or AMD Radeon RX 570 GPU with 4GB of VRAM|
|DirectX:||Version 12||Version 12|
|Storage:||50 GB available space||50 GB available space|
The minimum requirements consist of the lowest features of the device that can run the game, while the recommended requirements consist of the best features for the game.
Readers may be interested in ways to fix failed connections to multiplayer services in AOE 2. Also, you can check our article on ways to resolve issues with changing graphics settings in Age of Empires 4.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.