- Many users reported that the AMD Radeon software installer gets stuck, and in this guide, we’re going to show you how to fix that.
- Updating your drivers with specialized driver updater software is the best way to avoid this and other driver-related issues.
- Sometimes your antivirus might interfere with the installation, so be sure to check its settings.
- If the AMD Radeon software installer freezes, make sure that you have ownership over the directories that hold the setup files.
Keeping your graphics card drivers up to date is important, especially if you want to ensure that the latest titles are working properly and at maximum performance.
However, many users reported that the AMD Radeon software installer gets stuck while trying to install drivers.
This can be a problem since you’ll be left with outdated drivers, but luckily, there are a couple of methods that you can use to fix this problem.
What can I do if the AMD Radeon software installer is stuck?
1. Use a specialized software
In case the AMD software installer is stuck at 0 or at 99, you can always use third-party solutions that can update all your drivers with just a couple of clicks.
To make sure that everything goes smoothly and avoid any kind of GPU driver errors, be sure to use a complete driver update assistant that will solve your problems with just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Follow these easy steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The application will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for the app to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep you GPU on the peaks of their performance without worrying about its drivers.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Reinstall AMD drivers
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
- Navigate to the Apps section.
- Select AMD software from the list and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the uninstall process.
To make sure that AMD software is completely removed, many are suggesting using Display Driver Uninstaller to remove all remaining files.
In case you’re not familiar, we wrote a short guide on how to use Display Driver Uninstaller, so be sure to check it out.
Once the driver is completely removed, try to install it again. This is a simple solution, so be sure to try it if AMD Software Installer is taking forever to finish.
3. Check the ownership of the AMD directory
- Locate the AMD directory that the setup has created. In most cases, this should be the directory in question:
- Right-click the AMD directory and choose Properties from the menu.
- Go to the Security tab and click the Advanced button.
- Click on Change next to the Owner section.
- Enter your username, and click on the Check Names button. If the username is valid, click on OK to save changes.
- Now check Replace owner on subcontainer and objects and click on Apply and OK.
After making these changes, you’ll have full ownership over the AMD directory and the AMD Radeon software installer won’t get stuck anymore.
For more information, we suggest that you check out our guide on how to take ownership of a file or folder.
4. Disable your antivirus software
In some instances, the AMD Radeon software installer can get stuck due to your antivirus software. If that’s the case, you can try disabling your antivirus and check if that helps.
In order to avoid this issue altogether, perhaps you should consider switching to reliable antivirus software that won’t interfere with your operating system.
If AMD drivers are freezing, that can be a major problem, but we hope that this guide helped you fix it in no time.
There are also times when Windows 10 prevents the installation of AMD drivers. In such a case, our dedicated guide will certainly help you out.
If you found a way to fix this problem on your own, feel free to share your solution with us in the comments section below.