- With so much malware found online, the antivirus for tablet has become a necessary software.
- ESET and Avast are the top preferences for many users searching for the best antivirus for tablet.
- Another viable alternative to a strong antivirus program for tablet users is to install and use Avira.
- BullGuard is also very popular and it was considered the best antivirus a tablet can use.
Windows tablets are in a class of their own thanks to the fact that they use Microsoft’s software. They are perfect for business and productivity purposes alike.
This is done through competent antivirus software that keeps threats at bay, including viruses and ransomware.
What’s the best tablet antivirus software?
ESET NOD32 is a powerful, fast and yet light antivirus that suits perfectly the gamer and the normal user as well.
It runs discreetly without causing interruptions, being an excellent software for Windows, Mac and Linux devices.
Let NOD32 detect viruses and clean them from your computer when you create presentations, play games or watch movies.
It will not require much resources from your hardware and you will not experience any slowdowns in your activity.
ESET NOD32 Antivirus does a great job in removing different online threats from your computer. It detects and cleans viruses, ransomware, worms, spyware, and other types of malware.
ESET NOD32 AntivirusESET NOD32 Antivirus will keep your computer safe from malware including viruses, worms, ransomware, and spyware.
Avast Antivirus has the main function of keeping your computer safe from viruses. Additionally, this powerful software will also keep your network safe from intruders.
Many customers are thrilled to use its intuitive interface and benefit from an advanced application protection. Avast contains a passive mode that allows you to run multiple security products simultaneously.
Many antiviruses available nowadays will scan your computer for malware applications. Avast Antivirus contains this feature too, but it takes things a little further and monitors your existent applications to prevent them from getting infected.
Avast Free AntivirusAvast Antivirus detects and eliminates viruses, monitors your home network and apps, and scans your tablet for malware.
Avira Antivirus Pro keeps your tablet connected and secured from various online threats. This friendly and powerful software protects users from scams, financial loss, and identity theft. You can also secure your online activity using Avira’s built-in VPN feature.
Once you have downloaded, installed and put it to work, Avira Antivirus will speed up and clean your PC. This will be the perfect moment for your device to attain peak productivity.
Use Avira and make viruses, malicious websites, and ransomware a thing of the past. Try its Speed Feature to enhance your tablet’s performance, and improve the security of your accounts with Avira’s Password Manager app.
Avira Antivirus ProAvira Antivirus Pro eliminates viruses and ransomware, protects you from dangerous websites, and speeds up your tablet.
There are many antivirus solutions available and it’s understandable how someone might find little to no difference between the available options.
However, looking a bit closer will help those in need see that there are products like BullGuard which do stand out from the crowd.
That’s not an easy job either so it makes it that much more interesting to see just how BullGuard manages to come out on top from so many tablet antivirus solutions.
Here are listed some of its key features:
- Anti-spam services which allow you to keep your email clean
- Comprehensive UI, even for newbies
- It prevents problems early on instead of trying to fix them after the fact (prevention tool)
- Multiple features to deal with all kinds of rootkits and Trojans
- Customer service of the highest-ranking
BullGuardBullGuard contains anti-spam services, a prevention tool to detect problems and fixes for Trojans and rootkits.
Bitdefender has been the talk of the town lately thanks to the pretty unique protection features it brings to the table.
While they are impressive nonetheless, they might not be exactly what most people would expect to read next. One of the greatest things about Bitdefender is the fact that it’s free.
Yes, that’s right, and no, you shouldn’t take that in stride. Antivirus software can amount to quite a pretty penny these days and they are actually a lot of folks that just can’t afford straight up payment for protection.
- It’s a free service but it comes with cutting-edge features and tools, making it one of the most appealing antivirus solutions at the moment
- It’s great for detecting and removing internet threats, making online navigation a much easier task
- It comes with a password manager feature which can be very useful in situations where a user is burdened by a lot of sensitive data to juggle
BitdefenderBitdefender is a big name in the antivirus business. It is a wise choice for protecting your tablet!
We also have Malwarebytes.
There are many things that recommend Malwarebytes, including the fact that it can make the differentiation between a known threat and just a threat that isn’t known but is a threat nonetheless.
What that means is that nowadays it is critical for antivirus solutions to be able not just to identify threats, but to actively stop them.
When so many of its competitors are focused on enriching their databases, Malwarebytes steps outside the database confinement and judges threats by their actions rather than their names.
- It comes with a multitude of protection layers that offer a far better protection experience overall
- It protects users from a lot of different types of threats including ransomware and exploits
- It isn’t designed along the lines of a traditional antivirus which means that instead of a solo mission it can accompany another antivirus on your device
- What another antivirus might have missed can be easily picked up by Malwarebytes and terminated, acting as a second control point between the Internet and the user
Malwarebytes Anti-malwareMalwarebytes is an efficient antivirus that keeps your tablet virus-free. Customize your security the way you want!
This tool is an extremely powerful security software tool designed to run even on low specs PCs and laptops. On the market, you will find it a decent price compared to others.
It blocks all the trojans or malware from malicious sites you do navigate. Its dual-engine scanner will check all the downloaded or modified files and it has a behavior-blocking system that monitors your processes for unrecognized threats.
Here’s what Emsisoft Anti-malware also offers:
- Offers 4-layer protection in real-time
- Cleaning and restoration capabilities
- Shows you extended logs to check the past actions
Emsisoft Anti-malwareEmsisoft Anti-malware blocks trojans and malware from dangerous websites, cleans and restores your tablet.
Norton is another veteran contender for the title of the best antivirus program. It has been around for a long time and it doesn’t show any signs of quitting anytime soon.
Norton’s antivirus solution is praised for its versatility and how easy it manages to handle different types of tasks at the same efficiency levels.
No matter what you’re trying to achieve on your tablet, Norton is able to assist with competent protection.
- It features a varied support portfolio for all kinds of activities from browsing the internet to playing games
- It manages to do its job without putting any type of strain on tablets and their performance, allowing users to resume their activities unhindered
- It is great for threats that aren’t related to viruses as well, like cookie tracking and keyloggers, making a fantastic protection suite for any tablet
- It comes with a preferential scan feature that allows users to basically exclude files from a scan.
Norton 360Norton 360 is a strong and reliable antivirus that protects your tablet against viruses, cookie tracking and keyloggers.
Kaspersky is one of the most popular antivirus solutions out there. Just like it is available on all other platforms, so too can it be used on Windows tablets.
It features the kind of tools that you might expect from a service of its caliber, and it doesn’t fail to impress in terms of effectiveness.
It’s easy to see where it shines brightest and that is in its raw removal prowess. That doesn’t mean that it doesn’t do great in other categories though.
- It does great against malware of any type and it is able to remove it very efficiently
- It comes with support for multiple versions of Windows, so those that don’t operate on Windows 10 yet can still use it
- It does a very good job of detecting danger, and it even features things like anti-phishing protection;
- For those that are worried about their banking information leaking, Kaspersky offers a safe banking feature that even provides an on-screen keyboard that hides sensitive data.
Kaspersky Anti-virusKaspersky Anti-virus is very efficient as it cleans and protects your tablet from malware, phishing and keyloggers.
With so many great solutions available, it’s hard to see how many Windows tablets might have problems staying safe.
Today’s varied antivirus solutions allow for a very secure and prosperous experience both online and offline. That’s why we recommend them to all those looking for:
- Antivirus for tablet/tablet antivirus – For the best antivirus software for tablets, we recommend BullGuard which edged out other popular solutions for the top spot.
- Antivirus for Android tablets – BullGuard and Bitdefender are some of the world’s most trusted antivirus programs for Android. Take your time to check them out and make a choice!
- Best antivirus for Samsung tablets – Harmful viruses and malware may easily affect your Samsung tablet, so choose one of our previously mentioned solutions with no hesitation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Plenty of tablets have serious security flaws and could suffer from malicious software infections, so it would be best to invest in a reliable antivirus software tool for tablets.
Yes, it can. This includes the tablet’s camera, so make sure you use one of the best webcam covers to protect your privacy.
Yes, that’s efficient for virus infections. Refer to this detailed guide on how to factory reset your device for immediate guidance.