5 best antivirus software for Windows 10 tablets
Windows tablets are in a class of their own thanks to the fact that they use Microsoft’s software. Windows 10 tablets are perfect for business and productivity purposes.
Just like their desktop counterparts, Windows 10 tablets need protection against malware. This is done through competent antivirus software that keeps threats at bay, including viruses and ransomware.
Best antivirus tools for tablets
Bitdefender has been the talk of the town lately thanks to the pretty unique protection features it brings to the table. While they are impressive nonetheless, they might not be exactly what most people would expect to read next. One of the greatest things about Bitdefender is the fact that it’s free. Yes, that’s right, and no, you shouldn’t take that in stride. Antivirus software can amount to quite a pretty penny these days and they are actually a lot of folks that just can’t afford straight up payment for protection.
- It’s a free service but it comes with cutting-edge features and tools, making it one of the most appealing antivirus solutions at the moment;
- It’s great for detecting and removing internet threats, making online navigation a much easier task;
- It comes with a password manager feature which can be very useful in situations where a user is burdened by a lot of sensitive data to juggle.
– Get now Bitdefender (50% discount)
This tool is an extremely powerful security software designed to run even on low specs PCs and laptops. On the market, you will find it a decent price compared to others. It blocks all the trojans or malware from malicious sites you do navigate. Its dual-engine scanner will check all the downloaded or modified files and it has a behavior-blocking system that monitors your processes for unrecognized threats.
Here’s what Emsisoft Anti-malware also offers:
- Offers 4-layer protection in real time
- Cleaning and restoration capabilities
- Shows you extended logs to check the past actions
– Check now Emsisoft Anti-malware on their official site
There are many antivirus solutions available and it’s understandable how someone might find little to no difference between the available options. However, looking a bit closer will help those in need see that there are products like BullGuard Antivirus which do stand out from the crowd. That’s not an easy job either so it makes it that much more interesting to see just how BullGuard manages to come out on top.
- It features anti-spam services which allow you to keep your email clean;
- It prevents problems early on instead of trying to fix them after the fact, making it a great prevention tool;
- The service comes with customer service of the highest ranking, as it is known throughout the antivirus communities that BullGuard’s customer support is top notch;
- It features support and tools to deal with all kinds of problems from spyware to rootkits and Trojans and a multitude of Windows versions.
– Download now Bullguard (Free download)
Last but not least, we have Malwarebytes. There are many things that recommend Malwarebytes, including the fact that it can make the differentiation between a known threat and just a threat that isn’t known but is a threat nonetheless. What that means is that nowadays it is critical for antivirus solutions to be able not just to identify threats, but to actively stop them. When so many of its competitors are focused on enriching their databases, Malwarebytes steps outside the database confinement and judges threats by their actions rather than their names.
- It comes with a multitude of protection layers which offer a far better protection experience overall;
- It protects users from a lot of different types of threats including ransomware and exploits;
- It isn’t designed along the lines of a traditional antivirus which means that instead of a solo mission it can accompany another antivirus on your device;
- What another antivirus might have missed can be easily picked up by Malwarebytes and terminated, acting as a second control point between the internet and the user.
– Buy now Malwarebytes from the official website
Norton is another veteran contender for the title of best antivirus program. It has been around for a long time and it doesn’t show any signs of quitting anytime soon. Norton’s antivirus solution is praised for its versatility and how easy it manages to handle different types of tasks at the same efficiency levels. No matter what you’re trying to achieve on your tablet, Norton is able to assist with competent protection.
- It features a varied support portfolio for all kinds of activities from browsing the internet to playing games;
- It manages to do its job without putting any type of strain on tablets and their performance, allowing users to resume their activities unhindered;
- It is great for threats that aren’t related to viruses as well, like cookie tracking and keyloggers, making a fantastic protection suite for any tablet;
- It comes with a preferential scan feature which allows users to basically exclude files from a scan if they so choose.
– Buy now Norton from the official website
Kaspersky is one of the most popular antivirus solutions out there. Just like it is available on all other platforms, so too can it be used on Windows tablets. It features the kind of tools that you might expect from a service of its caliber, and it doesn’t fail to impress in terms of effectiveness. It’s easy to see where it shines brightest and that is in its raw removal prowess. That doesn’t mean that it doesn’t do great in other categories though.
- It does great against malware of any type and it is able to remove it very efficiently;
- It comes with support for multiple versions of Windows, so those that don’t operate on Windows 10 yet can still use it;
- It does a very good job of detecting danger, and it even features things like anti-phishing protection;
- For those that are worried about their banking information leaking, Kaspersky offers a safe banking feature that even provides an on-screen keyboard that hides the sensitive data.
– Download now Kaspersky trial version from the official website
With so many great solutions available, it’s hard to see how many Windows tablets might have problems staying safe. Today’s advanced features and varied toolkits allow for a very secure and prosperous experience both online and offline.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- 6 best antivirus software for education
- USB control software: The best tools to protect your files from data theft
- Windows 10 Fall Creators Update comes with more built-in security features
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in July 2017 and has been since revamped and updated with new products so our users would have a wider range of alternatives.
Microsoft recently added a new feature to its Bing Maps application. Users can now utilize their Bing Maps to have a look at traffic camera […]
Chromium-based Edge browser will offer high quality content by automatically switching the user agent. In this manner, Chromium-based technology ensures the browser is compatibility with […]