Apple Brings Windows 10 Support Boot Camp
Apple finally announced that the latest version of Boot Camp, which is currently rolling out to OS X Yosemite users will support the 64-bit version of Windows 10. So, Users of Apple’s operating system will now be able to install Windows 10 on their devices as a dual boot.
Apple explained the whole process of installing Windows 10 on an appropriate Mac computer, and you can find more details about that in the official documentation. Also, Boot Camp requires an ISO file to install Windows 10. And you can download download it for free from Microsoft website.
Along with the software support, Boot Camp will install hardware support for accessories compatible with Windows 10. This includes regular keyboard for Windows devices, trackpad and mouse, along with USB 3 ports and USB-C on the 12-inch Retina MacBook, Thunderbolt, SD or SDXC card slots.
Here’s the list of all Mac computers that support the 64-bit version of Windows 10 operating system:
- MacBook Pro with Retina display (13-inch, Late 2012 to Early 2015)
- MacBook Pro with Retina display (15-inch, Mid 2012 to Mid 2015)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, Mid 2012 to Early 2015)
- MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012 to Early 2015)
- MacBook with Retina display (12-inch, Early 2015)
- iMac (Retina 5k, 27-inch, Late 2014 to Mid 2015)
- iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012 to Mid 2014)
- iMac (27-inch, Late 2012 to Late 2013)
- Mac mini (Late 2014)
- Mac mini Server (Late 2012)
- Mac mini (Late 2012)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013)
If you want to install Windows 10 on a Mac computer that features Apple’s hybrid for SSD/HDD, Fusion drive, the system will be installed on the mechanical drive with Windows partition. Also, Windows could be a little slower than OS X that is installed on the same computer.
Boot Camp 6 may not be available for all users at the same time in all areas, as the rollout process is a bit slow. But you can always manually check for the updates in the Mac App Store.
The reception desk is the face and voice of any organization. An automated receptionist software simplifies the entire process of visitor management. Whether it’s the customer, […]
Whether you use web-based email services or desktop email clients to manage your account, emails are used for business and personal communication by almost everyone. […]