- The Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse not working properly might be a matter of system settings or device updates.
- The first step if the Arc Mouse is not working is to make sure you have the right drivers installed.
- Also, if you notice the Arc Mouse not connecting to your computer, check the port.
- Then, calibrating your screen is also a good practice when the Microsoft Arc Mouse is lagging.
Have you purchased an Arc Touch mouse recently for your Windows 10 operating system and it is not working properly? To be more specific, we’re talking about the mouse pointer discrepancy in Windows 10 or older.
The mouse pointer speed issues can happen mainly for three reasons:
- The settings in your Windows OS for the mouse pointer have been changed
- You have not installed all the updates necessary for your OS to run properly
- The installation of a third-party application has caused errors in the Registry entries.
What can I do if the Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse is not working?
- Install or update all system drivers
- Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
- Calibrate your screen settings
- Check your mouse batteries
- Update your computer
- Completely unplug your mouse
- Plug your mouse receive in another port
- Make sure your mouse is not too far from PC
- Turn off Cortana
- Get a new mouse
1. Install or update all the system drivers
Although Windows automatically pushes driver updates, for various reasons these fail to install sometimes. So it’s a good practice to run this process yourself once in a while.
Most of the time, the generic drivers for your PC’s hardware and peripherals are not properly updated by the system.There are key differences between a generic driver and a manufacturer’s driver.Searching for the right driver version for each of your hardware components can become tedious. That’s why an automated assistant can help you find and update your system with the correct drivers every time, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for the detection of all your faulty drivers.
- DriverFix will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for the app to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep your PC components drivers working perfectly without putting your PC at risk.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
- First of all, you need to connect the device to the Windows 10 PC.
- Reboot your operating system.
- After the device starts you will need to press and hold the Windows button and the W button.
- In the search tab, write troubleshoot and press Enter.
- After the search has finished click on the View All button situated in the left panel.
- Next, search for and click on the Hardware and Devices option.
- From here, you will need to follow the instructions on the screen to complete the hardware troubleshooting steps.
- After the process has finished reboot the device.
- Check again if the mouse pointer speed discrepancy is still there.
3. Calibrate your screen
- In the search dialog box, write calibrate.
- Choose the Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input option.
- Now you need to verify if the monitor present in the display screen is the same as the one you want to calibrate.
- Next, click on the Calibrate button.
- From here just follow the easy instructions on the screen to finish the calibration.
- When the process has finished, reboot the operating system.
- After the device starts check again for the mouse pointer speed discrepancies.
4. Check your mouse batteries
- Make sure the mouse has the batteries charged.
- For this, you will just need to switch the batteries with new ones and check again if your mouse has speed discrepancies as before.
- If you have rechargeable batteries, try charging them again.
5. Update your computer
- Go to the Start menu. and open Settings.
- Choose the Update & Security option.
- In the Windows Updates tab, check if you have any available updates to the operating system.
- If you have available updates, you need to make them and reboot the operating system.
- After the device starts, check again if the mouse pointer speed discrepancy is the same as before.
6. Completely unplug your mouse
- Unplug the USB receiver of the mouse from the device.
- Plug it back in.
- After the operating system recognizes the device again check to see if the speed has changed.
7. Plug your mouse receiver in another port
- If you have more than one USB port on the device please unplug the mouse transceiver from the current port and plug it in another port.
- Reboot the Windows 8.1 operating system the transceiver plugged in and check again the mouse pointer discrepancy.
8. Make sure your mouse is not too far from PC
- Place the mouse as close to the transceiver as possible and check if the mouse pointer speed discrepancies are the same.
- If the mouse pointer speed works, you will have to look in the Arc Touch mouse manual to see which is the correct distance for the mouse to work properly.
Note: You might have to take it to a service if the distance of the mouse is causing issues.
9. Turn off Cortana
Expert Tip: Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken. We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
As unusual as this solution may first seem, many users confirmed that after turning off Cortana, they no longer experienced Arc Touch mouse issues. Here’s how you can turn off Cortana:
- Open Cortana > go to Settings
- In Settings find the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option and set it to off.
10. Get a new mouse
If nothing worked, this might mean you need to replace your mouse. For more information on the best Windows 10 mouse devices to purchase, check out the guides below:
- 3 best USB-C wireless computer mice to use these days
- 10 best mice for avid gamers
- Best Windows 10 PC mice to own today
And there you go, now you know how to get your Arc Touch mouse working as intended in Windows 10 or older.
If you do have further questions regarding this subject, write them down in the comments section of the page situated a little bit below. We will try to help you further as soon as possible.