- The most common causes for issues with the AsusFanControlService.exe file are missing or corrupted files.
- Another possible cause is a virus or malware infestation that was accidentally caught.
- One solution is to run the SFC scan to find and repair the damaged files from your system.
Asus provides an AI Suite that allows users to adjust their fan settings as well as a variety of other tools for controlling their components.
In rare situations, malware infection may be the source of executable errors linked with AsusFanControlService.exe. However, the most common causes are missing or corrupted files. These issues are encountered during the initialization of the ASUS Motherboard Fan Control Service.
The most important need for preventing difficulties with AsusFanControlService is to keep your computer clean and organized. This includes scanning your computer for malware and wiping your hard drive.
In order to ensure that these issues are effectively handled, it is vital that the AsusFanControlService.exe file location is right. It does not harm to double-check this position just to be safe.
Follow along as we will walk you through a list of solutions that will fix your error, right after we understand what the executable file does in our PC.
What does AsusFanControlService.exe do?
AsusFanControlService.exe is a software component of the ASUS Motherboard Fan Control Service developed by ASUSTeK Computer and distributed as a legitimate file.
This is the main executable for the Asus Fan Control Service on Windows. It operates in the FAN Xpert software package, which is a component of the AI Suite releases.
The file is the main executable for the Asus Fan Control Service. As a result of the board temperature and fan speed, the fan control service file manages the fan speed and automatically increases or reduces revolutions per minute (RPM) to control internal temperatures and fan noise.
Note that the file accepts input from the user for a variety of speed control options, including standard, silent, turbo, and user-controlled.
The .exe extension appended to a filename signifies that the file is executable. In some situations, executable files can cause damage to your machine.
In order to determine whether the AsusFanControlService.exe file on your computer is a Trojan that you should uninstall, or whether it is a file belonging to the Windows operating system or to a trusted application run an antivirus check regularly.
What can I do if Asus Fan Control Service stopped working?
1. Reinstall AI Suite
- This step only applies if your PC supports the AI Suite and you had it already installed. To check whether your computer supports the feature head to Asus’s official page and type in the search bar your computer version, then look for AI Suite under the Utilities section.
- If it’s not there you can skip this step and head towards the next ones. Otherwise, press the Windows key + I to open the Settings window and click on Apps followed by Apps & features.
- Once you’re inside the Apps & features window, search for the AI Suite app by typing it in the search bar and click on the three-dot menu, followed by Uninstall.
- Now go to Asus’ page, enter your computer version, and reinstall the AI Suite. Follow the steps displayed on the screen and that’s it!
2. Run a quick SFC scan
- In order to open the search bar, press on the Windows + S key then type cmd, and right-click on the most relevant result and choose Run as administrator.
- Type or paste in the following command and press Enter:
As soon as the process is completed, it is necessary to restart your computer (which could take some time).
3. Run a DISM scan
- To enter the Search bar, press Windows + S, then type cmd. Right-click on the most relevant result to run it as an administrator.
- Type or paste in the following commands and press Enter after each:
DISM /online /Cleanup-Image / ScanHealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Relax and patiently await the completion of the complete process. It’s important to remember that the process could take up to ten minutes. Once you’ve completed this step, restart your computer to ensure that the modifications are applied.
4. Check for viruses
- To discover the antivirus you’ve installed, click the carrot arrow in the right corner of your taskbar, then right-click on it and select the option that opens the app interface as we have shown below.
- Now click on the button that performs a Smart scan or anything similar to a virus scan.
It is possible that new .exe files will be generated by virus programs, which will interfere with the operation of existing files. By doing a system scan, you will almost certainly discover whether or not this was the root cause of your problem.
We recommend that you use a professional antivirus that is compatible with Windows 11, such as ESET.
How can I avoid future viruses?
No matter what kind of malware or ransomware it is, whether it is a virus, a worm, a trojan horse, or anything in between, one thing is certain: it is not something you want on your computer.
If you spend a lot of time on the Internet, it’s a good idea to consider antivirus protection. When viruses infect your devices with malware, they have the ability to steal your personal information and significantly slow down your computer, or even cause it to completely cease working entirely.
Installing and running antivirus software on your devices is essential if you want to avoid acquiring a virus via the internet. Online banking, shopping, and browsing are just a few of the things that might put you at risk for cyber threats as the Internet continues to expand.
Before downloading an attachment, email platforms such as Gmail and Outlook will ask for your permission first. There is a valid reason for this. It is possible to be at risk when you download an attachment.
Despite the fact that most email services have virus prevention incorporated into their software, emails with viruses attached can still make their way into your inbox.
Software updates are constantly released by technology businesses in order to make their gadgets or the software itself more secure to use. Cybercriminals can take advantage of security holes and force a device to download a virus if these upgrades are not applied.
Getting a free copy of an expensive game, movie, or application that everyone else has to pay for may be enticing in some cases. However, if you download a cracked or illicit version of the software, your computer or mobile device may be in danger of being compromised.
In the case that you experience issues with your protection, don’t miss out on our guide for virus and threat protection issues in Windows 11.
Alternatively, check out our article on five of the best antiviruses for Windows 11 to ensure your computer’s security and vitality.
And lastly, for more solutions to the above error, you can also take a look at our post on Server execution failed Asus Fan Control Service error in case the methods presented here proved to be insufficient.
Let us know in the comments section below which solution worked best for you as well as how often you perform a virus scan on your computer. Thanks for reading!