6 best audio recorder software to capture game sounds in 2019
There are a lot of game recording tools available on the market both video and sound recorders, and they’re ideal for emerging Twitch broadcasters and gamers who are eager to share epis audio and video with their friends.
You can record audio gameplay together with commentaries at the same time and merge them easily. We gathered five of the best sound recording tools that you can use to record background audio while you’re playing your favorite games. Check out their features and get the perfect software for your gaming needs. Have fun!
WavePad Audio Editing Software
Another great tool that can help you record your PC audio is WavePad Audio Editing Software. This is audio editing software, but it can also record audio with ease. Bear in mind that your audio driver needs to support certain features in order to record your PC audio, so be sure to keep it up to date.
As for audio editing features, all standard features are available and you can easily cut, copy, paste, and trim your audio clips. Of course, you can also apply various effects such as amplification, envelope, reverb, echo, normalization, etc. There’s also a DirectX and Virtual Studio Technology DLL plugin support, so you can add additional plugins as well.
As for supported file formats, this tool can work with a variety of formats including mp3, wav, vox, gsm, wma, au, aif, flac, real audio, ogg, aac, and many more. WavePad Audio Editing Software also supports batch processing, so you can simultaneously process multiple files with ease.
There’s also support for bookmarks, so you can create various bookmarks in order to highlight certain elements of your recordings. The tool also has noise reduction and pop removal feature, which can be quite useful if you’re using a microphone for recording.
Overall, WavePad Audio Editing Software is a great tool for audio editing, but it can also be used to record your PC audio, so if you want to capture game sounds on your PC, feel free to try it out.
- Standard audio editing features
- A number of audio effects
- Support for plugins
- Compatible with a wide array of audio formats
- Batch processing
- Noise reduction and pop removal
APowersoft Free Online Audio Recorder (recommended)
Using APowersoft Free Online Audio Recorder, you will be able to record audio from your computer sound card and the microphone as well.
As you can see, this tool is free, so you can download it and check its best features any time:
- This program will work smoothly on your browser.
- If you are a first time user, you will need to install a launcher, and then you can access the audio recorder with just a single click.
- You have to click on Start Recording and then select the audio source.
- You will be able to control the audio recording by clicking Start, Pause and Stop buttons.
- Press Show in Folder button in order to locate the recorded file in the output directory.
You will not have to install any plug-ins or subscribe to any services. APowersoft Free Online Audio Recorder will allow you to record your gaming audio and more on your PC running Windows extremely easy.
This program is easy to maneuver, and you will be able to hear the audio in its original quality. You can record sounds from various audio inputs such as the microphone or the system sound. You’ll also be able to add your voice to video clips and save voice messages as well.
Check out the whole lineup of amazing features that are included in this program as you can download and try it for free from the official website.
Filmora Scrn (suggested)
This is a two-in-one tool for recording both audio and video during your gaming sessions. Sound recording and then dubbing the sound on top of the gameplay can be a difficult task especially if you are not that experienced in recording game audio and film editing. Filmora Scrn will make things seem much easier.
Take a look at the essential features that are packed in Filmora Scrn:
- It records both audio and video at the same time.
- This tool comes with adjustable and high frame rate.
- Filmora Scrn is ideal if you are interested in releasing a streamed version of your gameplay together with a voice to play over the game audio.
- This software lets you merge together the audio recorder and the video that you have recorded from your game.
With Filmora Scrn you will be able to record gameplay audio and commentaries at the same time, even if you are a beginner.
You can check out more features of this software on the official website or download it for free by clicking the link below.
– Download now Wondershare Filmora (free)
Audacity is a free open source, cross-platform audio software for multi-track recording and it is compatible with Windows PCs and more.
Check out the best features that are packed in Audacity for allowing you to record gaming audio:
- With Audacity, you can record the audio coming out of your computer while you’re gaming, among other features.
- This tool takes advantage of a feature that Microsoft added in Windows Vista, and that is called the Windows Audio Session API; this feature is also included in Windows 7, 8 and 10 and it helps you with the sound recording.
- In Audacity, you have to choose the Windows WASAPI audio host and then choose an appropriate loopback device such as speakers or headphones.
- All you have to do then is to press the Record button in Audacity and click Stop when you are done recording.
The best part of Audacity is that this software comes with lots of trimming and editing options for the audio file when you are done recording.
You can check out the vast set of features of this program and download Audacity for free from its official website.
Free PC audio recorder
You may think that recording the sound on your PC during your gaming sessions would be the most straightforward task and that it would come as a default feature but unfortunately, this is not the case. Windows does not include the possibility to allow you to easily record the sounds you hear on the PC such as game audio and more.
But, fortunately, this free PC Audio Recorder is one of the best solutions to record your gaming audio.
Check out the most impressive features included in this software below:
- This software is tiny and easy to use even for beginners.
- You can instantly record audio from games for free.
- Any beginner can use this tool to record sound files from their PC.
- This program is compatible with all versions of Windows.
- The features of this tool include auto-run for users who want to use this every day.
- You will also get a choice of file quality as well.
The primary use of this software is to record incoming audio that is not the microphone. In other words, is records anything that is coming out of your speakers. This free PC audio recorder is one of the best choices if you’re looking for a simple tool to help you save some audio while you’re gaming.
You can download the Free PC Audio Recorder and see how well it works for you.
SoundTap Streaming Audio Recorder
With SoundTap Streaming Audio Recorder, you can record the audio playing through your computer. This streaming audio capture software will be able to convert any audio that is playing through your system to mp3 or wav files, and this includes the gaming audio as well. The streaming audio is recorded by a special kernel driver that will preserve the digital audio quality.
Check out the best features included in SoundTap Streaming Audio Recorder:
- You can record audio played on your computer straight in digital with no loss of quality.
- This tool also saves files in wav or kmpk3 formats with a vast range of selected compression and codec options.
- You can also record and mix microphone input to capture both sides when you are recording a VoIP or a conference conversation.
- Streams can be recorded straight to the VRS Recording System.
An important thing to note is that fact that SoundTap Streaming Audio Recorder complies with Microsoft’s DRM singed driver model and it will not record streams if you use a DRM player and if the stream is marked as DRM copy-protected.
You can find out more about SoundTap and download SoundTap Streaming Audio Recorder from NHC Software’s official website.
These are some of the best audio recorder programs for games and more that you’ll be able to find on the market these days. Besides allowing you to record your gaming sessions in audio, you’ll be able to perform more functionalities, so make sure that you visit the programs’ websites to check out the detailed features packed in these tools.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in December 2017 and has been since revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT: