How to automatically optimize Plex on your Windows 10 device
Plex is a client-server media player that has two main components: Plex Media Server and Plex Player. The Plex Media Player also runs on Windows 10 and organizes your videos, photos and audio content.
The Plex Media Players is an UWP app, compatible with both Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile. The tool also supports Cortana and Continuum on certain Windows 10 Mobile devices. The Plex Media Players allows users to optimize media depending on your device type.
Here’s how to automatically optimize Plex
1. In the Plex Web App, go to the … menu in the left actionbar > select the Optimize option
You can then choose to optimize a specific item, a season or show in the TV library, or in the library level itself. The Plex optimization option is also available when you filter content. For example, you can filter your movies by genres and select to optimize your action-adventure movies.
2. Once the Optimization window appears, you can customize the settings:
- Title: choose the title of the item you want to optimize
- Unwatched Only : select whether or not to apply the optimization only to items that have not been watched. In this manner, after you watch the optimized version of a particular item, that particular movie automatically gets removed from the optimization queue.
- Limit: this option allows you to limit the number of items to optimize
- Optimization Quality: this option offers four preset optimization types depending on your device:
- Optimized for Mobile: video is limited to 720p and 4 Mbps and audio streams are preserved when possible or transcoded to AAC 2.0.
- Optimized for TV: video is limited to 1080p and 8 Mbps and audio streams will be preserved and transcoded to AAC or AC3.
- Original Quality: this option uses the original resolution and won’t place any bitrate limitations. If the audio or video streams are MP4-compatible, they’ll be copied as such.
- Custom: you can select which profile to use and bitrate limitation to use
3. Version storage location: choose where the optimized versions are stored
4. Save the Optimization: press the Optimize button after you’ve selected the settings. A confirmation pop-up window will appear.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Plex now integrates OneDrive, Google Drive and Dropbox services
- Plex DVR is now available on Windows
- Cineplex app goes universal for Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile
UML (Unified Modeling Language) diagrams are visual representations of software systems. The diagrams are essential for software engineers who need to document software systems. There […]
Because we all love listening to our favorite music, it is very important to be able to organize our music library. This task has become […]
Computer problems are usually not that complicated to fix. The real problem is that most people are not that keen to try and fix them, […]